Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
She is undefeated, the short-priced favourite and this year’s Blue Diamond Stakes winner. So can the Mick Price-trained Samaready salute for the punters and add the Golden Slipper 2012 title to her record this Saturday at Rosehill?
Sitting top of the bookmaker.com.au odds for the $3.5 million Group 1 AAMI Golden Slipper (1200m), more Than Ready filly Samaready looks just that, more than ready to maintain her flawless record with another win.
She has flown through her opening four career starts including her huge three length romp in the Blue Diamond Stakes, and showed no sign of stopping last start when putting two lengths on a decent field in the Reisling Stakes over the Golden Slipper track and distance.
She has beaten the boys before, but not these boys, and from barrier 11 Samaready could be a little vulnerable.
So can the favourite peak again and score become this year’s Golden Slipper winner?
See below for the Races.com.au team’s look at the pros and cons of backing Samaready in the Golden Slipper markets at bookmaker.com.au this year.
#9 Samaready – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Mick Price
- Jockey: Craig Newitt
- Barrier: 11
- Weight: 54.5kg
- Owners: Vinery Stud(MGR:P ORTON),greenwich Stud (MGR:G PERRY),echo Beach Bloodstock(MGR:A GREEN),newstead (MGR:N GIBSON),encompass Bloodstock(MGR:S MCCANN)
- Age: 2YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by More Than Ready (USA) from Secret Savings mare Samar (AUS)
- Career: 4-4-0-0
- Prize Money: $915,150
- Current 2012 Golden Slipper Odds: $2.50 bookmaker.com.au
Yes – Samaready Will Be The 2012 Golden Slipper Winner
- She is undefeated in four career starts to date, one of three unbeaten horses in the race
- Has won her last three by a collective 9.5 lengths
- Won the Blue Diamond Stakes and is out to complete the Blue Diamond – Golden Slipper double Sepoy won last year
- Has won the most prize money of this field, an impressive $915,150
- Fillies have a good record having won 23 times, most recently with Crystal Lily (2010)
- Barrier 11, while on paper could be tricky, is within the 8 – 12 gate range Price indicated he wanted to draw
- Barrier 11 has produced three Golden Slipper winners over the years, most recently the Gai Waterhouse-trained Ha Ha (2001)
- Comes off a win at the track and distance, one of only four horses to have won previously over 1200m at Rosehill
- Is undefeated in her two runs over 1200-metres
No – Samaready Won’t Win The Golden Slipper 2012
- Barrier 11 could be a little awkward and there are dangers drawn inside that will have plenty left in the tank at the end including Pierro (barrier one), No Looking Back (barrier three) and Epaulette (barrier four)
- Is yet to face many of her main rivals in this race
- It is the world’s richest race for 2YO’s and they are all in it to win it, this is the Grand Final, not a drill
Seen enough to suggest the favourite is the one to get on in the Golden Slipper odds?
Or not convinced Samaready can get the job done and want to back an upset Golden Slipper result?
Whatever Golden Slipper bet you are placing, we guarantee you’ll get the price and market you’re after at bookmaker.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.