Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Australian Cup winner Manighar will be out to record a third consecutive victory this Saturday when he contests the $2.25 million 2012 BMW (2400m) at Sydney’s Rosehill Gardens.
The Peter Moody-trained French gelding has been in sizzling form this year, winning the high profile Australian Cup and backing up to win the Group 1 Ranvet Stakes two weeks ago.
He was impressive over 2000 metres in the Australian Cup, finishing just ahead of local mare Southern Speed and this weekend’s race favourite Americain.
Currently paying $4.20 at bookmaker.com.au, Manighar has drawn well for the prized event and will come out barrier six.
Keep reading below for the stats that matter and reasons why Manighar can and can’t produce a rare third consecutive Group 1 victory.
Horse Facts – Manighar
- Jockey: Luke Nolen
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Barrier: Six
- Owners: Hon E I Mack, Carson Joel Syn, Glenlogan Park, J Higgins Uthmeyer Racing, A Karoll, Gurners Bldstk, Ms D Tricario, Est D Christensen and Oti Manighar
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Linamix out of Mintly Fresh
- Career: 26 9-4-4
- Prize Money: $2,097,718
- Current BMW Odds: $4.20 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Manighar Can Win the 2012 BMW
- He has been in excellent form, winning the Australian Cup and Ranvet Stakes
- He has won at 2400 metres before
- Leading trainer Peter Moody has targeted the gelding for the race
- He has received a favourable barrier six draw
Why Manighar Can’t Win the 2012 Ranvet Stakes
- He faces Americain at a distance that better suits the Melbourne Cup winner
- He raced just two weeks ago over a taxing 2000 metres
Will Manighar upset Americain on Saturday? Whoever you are backing this Saturday, bookmaker.com.au is the best place to get your bets on.
Home of Quickbet technology – the fastest way to bet – the Australian owned bookie is currently offering a sensational $300 bonus bet for new customers!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.