Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
Americain will start as favourite in this Saturday’s prestigious 2012 BMW (2400m) and the seven-year-old start import has the record to justify it.
Currently paying $2.10 at bookmaker.com.au, the former Melbourne Cup winner has recorded 11 wins from 29 starts and has amassed more than $5.4 million in career prize money.
The David Hayes-trained horse is coming off a third-place effort to Manighar in the Australian Cup (2000m) on March 10 and gets his chance to exact revenge when they go head to head in race five at Rosehill this Saturday.
He should be well rested heading into the race and will benefit from extra distance provided by the BMW, having won at 2400 metres on three (once at 2406m) occasions.
It will be an impressive victory if the US horse can take top honours on Saturday after he drew the widest barrier of the 10-horse field earlier this week.
The Races.com.au team have done the hard work for you ahead of the feature Rosehill race, delivering the stats that matter and crucial reasons to back or sack Americain.
Americain – Horse Facts
- Trainer: David Hayes
- Jockey: Gerald Mosse
- Barrier: 10
- Owners: GT & Mrs VJ Ryan, KL & Mrs CO Bamford
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Dynaformer (USA) out of Arazi (USA) mare America (IRE)
- Career: 29-11-3-4
- Prize Money: $5,408,677
- Current 2012 BMW Odds: 2.10 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Americain can win the 2012 BMW
- He is a three-time winner at the distance (once at 2406m)
- He is at home in big races, having won the 2012 Melbourne Cup
- He will be ridden by successful international jockey Gerald Mosse
- He is well rested heading into the race, having last run on March 10
Why Americain can’t win the 2012 BMW
- He has drawn the outside barrier while main rival Manighar is in 6
- He has not won since November last year
- He is better on softer tracks and it is expected to be firm at Rosehill this weekend
Do you think Americain is a deserving favourite? Or do you fancy another horse to win The BMW? Whoever you are backing, give yourself access to the best odds by betting with bookmaker.com.au.
With a $300 bonus bet offer for new customers, the Australian owned bookie is the Races.com.au favourite and has all the products to suit your racing needs.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.