Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday one of the five Group 1 features running at Rosehill’s Golden Slipper Day is the Vinery Stud Stakes 2012, the Races.com.au team’s exclusive form guide preview and betting tips for which are detailed below.
The three-year-old fillies’ $400,000 Group 1 Vinery Stud Stakes (2000m), running as Rosehill Race 3 at 1:05pm, is shaping up as a battle of the favourites.
Odds-on pick in the Vinery Stud Stakes betting markets at bookmaker.com.au is the Robert Smerdon-trained Mosheen ($1.50) out for her fourth thoroughbred major, Guy Walter’s Flight Stakes winner Streama ($2.90) out to stop her.
These two are the only ones in this market if the Vinery Stud Stakes odds are anything to go by, the rest of the field at $26 and over.
While Mosheen looks the horse to beat, the punters at bookmaker.com.au are suggesting otherwise coming hard and fast for Streama.
“In the battle of the clear favourites Streama is an easy winner according to the money so far,” Ryan Clark from bookmaker.com.au said.
So can Mosheen back up from her Australian Guineas – Randwick Guineas double over the boys and take Group 1 win number four out on Golden Slipper Day?
Can Streama improve on her Coolmore Classic fifth and give Mosheen something to chase?
Or will the Vinery Stud Stakes result be a blow out with a filly such as Streama’s stablemate Appearance ($26) or Canberra Guineas winner She Goes To Rio ($26) take out the title?
To help our readers place the winning Vinery Stud Stakes bet on Saturday, we have done the form and gone over the betting and history to come up with the below need-to-know facts before you get in on the action at bookmaker.com.au.
2012 Vinery Stud Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Vinery Stud Stakes winner, when the race was known as the Storm Queen Stakes, was Mirjulisa Lass who came off a third at Randwick and jumped from barrier 3 (of 11) with Corey Brown aboard
- This year barrier three belongs to #2 Streama ($2.90) while two hopefuls come off a last-start third with #5 Aliyana Tilde ($51) and #6 Thy ($61)
- Two last-start winners are engaged in the race with #1 Mosheen (Group 1 Randwick Guineas, 1600m, Randwick, 17/03/2012) and #3 Appearance (Group 3 Keith F Nolan Classic, 1600m, Kembla Grange, 25/03/2012)
- #4 She Goes To Rio ($26) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 66.67% followed by #3 Appearance (50%)
- The best Place Percentage also belongs to #4 She Goes To Rio (100%) followed by #1 Mosheen (84.62%) and #2 Streama (81.82%)
- Favourites have a good record in the Vinery Stud with 11 saluting in the past 21 years, this year’s favourite is #1 Mosheen ($1.50)
- Two horses will be ridden by a former Vinery Stud Stakes winning jockey with #4 She Goes To Rio (Craig Williams) and #8 Pedrinate (Brett Prebble)
- #2 Streama (3-1-0-0) is the only filly to have won at Rosehill before
- No filly has won over the 2000-metres before
2012 Vinery Stud Stakes Trifecta Tip
- #1 Mosheen ($1.50) from #2 Streama ($2.90) and #4 She Goes To Rio ($26) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Based on the above the Races.com.au are following the order of the odds for this. The punters may be coming for Streama but we don’t see her improving enough on last start to run down a triple Group 1 champion. Mosheen has beaten the boys with ease at elite level in dual states, so hard to see her getting beaten against a small field of her own kind here.
Like our Vinery Stud Stakes trifecta tip or have your own winner picked out and want to back them at the best odds?
Head to the country’s leading online bookmaker bookmaker.com.au and if you are a new depositing customer, remember to quote the promo code BONUSBET to enjoy a $300 Bonus Bet on the house!
2012 Vinery Stud Stakes Field & Form Guide
Rosehill Guineas Race 3 – 1:05pm – 07/04/2012
|1.||MOSHEEN||R W Smerdon||Danny Nikolic||7||56||3yoF||21||$184,131||13: 6 3 2||46.15%||84.62%||1×1211|
|2.||STREAMA||G H Walter||Hugh Bowman||3||56||3yoF||14||$65,159||11: 5 3 1||45.45%||81.82%||11×215|
|3.||APPEARANCE||G H Walter||Kerrin McEvoy||6||56||3yoF||13||$26,772||6: 3 1 0||50.00%||66.67%||2×1441|
|4.||SHE GOES TO RIO||A J Cummings||Craig Williams||8||56||3yoF||13||$24,992||6: 4 2 0||66.67%||100.00%||1×2112|
|5.||ALIYANA TILDE||K J Parker||Blake Shinn||5||56||3yoF||13||$6,016||9: 2 1 1||22.22%||44.44%||142513|
|6.||THY||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||1||56||3yoF||14||$3,870||5: 1 1 1||20.00%||60.00%||42×413|
|7.||PLUMM||G M Begg||Brenton Avdulla||2||56||3yoF||13||$3,267||3: 0 1 1||0.00%||66.67%||325|
|8.||PEDRINATE||Ms G Markwell||Brett Prebble||4||56||3yoF||13||$77||7: 0 0 0||0.00%||0.00%||057569|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.