Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Today the Australian Turf Club (ATC) has released the latest ballot order of entry for the world’s richest juvenile’s race revealing the possible Golden Slipper field 2012 for Saturday at Rosehill Gardens.
There are 20 horses topping the AAMI Golden Slipper Prize Money Order for the $3.5 million feature, five two-year-olds exempt from ballot.
Straight into Saturday’s 2012 Golden Slipper field with a ballot exemption are:
- Samaready – Mick Price’s Blue Diamond Stakes winner undefeated in her four career start to date, last seen winning the Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) on March 24, out for the same Blue Diamond – Golden Slipper double as Sepoy 12 months ago, drifting second pick
- Pierro – One of Gai Waterhouse’s quartet, this Lonhro colt has a flawless three-from-three record including back-to-back Group 2 victories in the Silver Slipper and Todman Stakes at Rosehill last month
- All Too Hard – Hawkes-trained half-brother of Black Caviar, lived up to the hype thus far including their good Group 2 Pago Pago Stakes win last Saturday, if he runs he likely wins and has overtaken Samaready for favouritism, crazy if connections don’t accept
- Jade Marauder – Chris Waller’s smart Fastnet Rock filly earned her ballot exemption in the Group 3 Sweet Embrace Stakes, didn’t beat a lot but
- Ashokan – John O’Shea’s lightly-raced More Than Ready colt, upset winner over Raceway in the Group 3 Skyline Stakes at Randwick last time out
While pre-field Golden Slipper odds are clearly led by All Too Hard and Samaready, Waterhouse’s four hopefuls saturate the top half of the markets.
The best-backed of her runners is unbeaten Pierro ($8) followed by Blue Diamond Stakes runner-up No Looking Back ($13) who will race for the first time since if accepted on Saturday, Magic Millions 2YO Classic winner on protest Driefontein ($17) last seen scoring a narrow win in the Widden Stakes, and Raceway ($17).
“I couldn’t be happier with my team and they could run one, two, three four (in the Golden Slipper) but I don’t know in what order,” Waterhouse said.
Waterhouse could also have Later Gator as an emergency, the promising filly having run fifth to Ichihara in the Group 2 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) on Saturday.
While exempt from Golden Slipper ballot, Ichihara won’t run in the Golden Slipper with connections opting not to pay today’s $150,000 late entry fee.
Waterhouse was also aware of the danger presented by both All Too Hard and Samaready, but believes she has her fourth Golden Slipper winner lining up in 2012.
“(All Too Hard) is a very impressive colt but you expect to come up against these sort of horses in the Golden Slipper,” Waterhouse said.
“The filly (Samaready) is very good too.
“(But) mine are ready to go and could race tomorrow.
“They have all worked very well in the past week.”
Punters also haven’t shied away from Black Opal Stakes winner Epaulette ($12), the Commands colt considered Peter Snowden’s best chance of going back-to-back in the Golden Slipper following Sepoy’s success 12 months ago.
Snowden could also be represented in the Golden Slipper field by Reisling Stakes third placed Meidung and Pago Pago Stakes runner-up Narcissus who sit 15th and 16th respectively in the current ballot.
Final acceptances revealing the official 2012 Golden Slipper field and barriers will be taken and tomorrow morning and published right here at Races.com.au.
When it comes to having a punt on the prestigious Golden Slipper this Saturday the only online bookie to bet at is the Aussie-owned and trusted bookmaker.com.au.
2012 Golden Slipper Ballot Order
*Prize Money Order Of Entry
|Order of Entry||Exmept From Ballot||Horse||Sex||Qualified Prize Money||Trainer|
|3||**||All Too Hard||C||$318,700||Michael, Wayne and John Hawkes|
|4||**||Jade Marauder||F||$140,300||Chris Waller|
|7||–||No Looking Back||F||$222,000||Gai Waterhouse|
|13||–||Cavalry Rose||F||$89,500||Gerald Ryan|
|18||–||Dear Demi||F||$51,450||Clarry Conners|
|20||–||Later Gator||F||$46,050||Gai Waterhouse|
Correct as at 1pm Monday March 2, 2012
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.