One of the six Group races running at Rosehill Gardens this Saturday is the fillies and mares 2012 Epona Stakes, tips and the latest odds for which are detailed in our race preview below.
Running as the fifth on Rosehill Guineas Day with jump time scheduled for 2:50pm, the $125,000 Group 3 Epona Stakes (1900m) features a strong field of staying types fighting it out for the win.
And the punters will be fighting to back the Epona Stakes winner with at least five livewire chances dominating the bookmaker.com.au odds on the showdown.
Co-favourites at $5 each are the Ron Quinton-trained Group performer Crafty Irna and fellow four-year-old Foxstar coming off a credible Group 1 Coolmore Classic seventh.
So will one of the top elects take out the bikkies in Rosehill Race 5, or can one of their longer-priced rivals such as Aspiration Quality winner Fibrillation, Canberra Cup champion Fill The Page or defending Epona Stakes victor Galizani be first over the line.
Having studied the Epona Stakes 2012 field, form and betting stats the Races.com.au think we’ve uncovered the best chances as detailed below.
Rosehill Race 5 Betting – 2012 Epona Stakes Tips
Races.com.au Tip to Win
#8 Fibrillation ($7.50 bookmaker.com.au
She has the right form coming off a good first-up win in the Listed Aspiration Quality (1600m) at Randwick, the same race last year’s winner came off a fourth place in. That was her first win since May last year, but the distance should suit and against her own sex should be competitive. She’s won over 1800m at Rosehill previously against some smart horses.
Best Place Chances
#7 Fill The Page ($15) and #5 Crafty Irna ($5) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Liked the Canberra Cup win by Fill The Page over the 2000m last time out, and the 1900m will be ideal. She won over it at Canterbury back in December and while she hasn’t been tested at this level it will be just that, a test that we are tipping her to do well in.
Crafty Irna is a little wide in 11, and while they say barriers don’t matter over this distance, at Rosehill they really do. So for the win we are shying away from her, but two good runs in black types this time in including a second to Red Tracer in the Group 3 Mille Fox Stakes (1300m) here saying she can run top three.
#11 Tigress Lily – $34 into $26 (bookmaker.com.au)
Money coming for the John O’Shea-trained Snitzel mare. She looked outclass in the Aspiration but punters are willing to forgive and it makes sense considering last time she raced over 1900m was in Jnauray at Canterbury when she beat her rivals by four and a half with 58kg and having been checked in the run.
Like our Epona Stakes trifecta tip? Or have you heard your own racetrack whispers on the race you want to back?
Whatever horse your backing in whatever race, be assured that bookmaker.com.au will be offering the premium prices.
2012 Epona Stakes Betting Moves
Rosehill Race 5 – 2:50pm – 31/03/2012
- #1 Once Were Wild – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #2 Mirjulisa Lass – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Vintedge – Steady at $5.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Galizani – Steady at $21 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Crafty Irna – Steady at $5 through bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Mirrasalo – Steady at $81 through bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Fill The Page – Steady at $15 through bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Fibrillation – Steady at $7.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Sharp Princess – Steady at $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Foxstar – $4.50 out to $5 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #11 Tigress Lily – $34 in to $26 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Brightest – Steady at $6 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Dancing Attendance – Steady at $14 through bookmaker.com.au
- #14 All In Latin – $81 out to $101 @ bookmaker.com.au
#15 Snake Dancer – $81 out to $151 @ bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change