Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
She comes off the same four straight winning streak in New Zealand, won the same lead-up race and has the support of the punters, but can Roger James’ spruik Kiwi filly Silent Achiever follow in the footsteps of Jimmy Choux and take out the Rosehill Guineas 2012 on Saturday?
After a three strong wins at Group level this summer, O’Reilly three-year-old Silent Achiever continued to eerily repeat the feats of last year’s Rosehill Guineas winner Jimmy Choux by taking out the Group 1 NZ Derby (2400m) by a fine margin last start.
On Saturday she races in Australia for the first time in the $500,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) at Rosehill Gardens, dropping back 400-metres from her Derby success in attempt the same Group 1 double across the Tasman that subsequent Cox Plate runner-up Jimmy Choux did 12 months ago.
Silent Achiever is also the punters’ pick to do just that sitting as the dominant $4.20 favourite in the Rosehill Guineas betting odds at bookmaker.com.au.
So can the only filly in this year’s full Rosehill Guineas field go back-to-back for the Kiwis even form her horror barrier 17 draw?
Below the Races.com.au take a closer look at the pros and cons of backing the Rosehill Guineas betting favourite this weekend.
#18 Silent Achiever – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Roger James
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Barrier: 17 (into 15 with emergencies out)
- Weight: 54.5kg
- Owners: K J Hickman
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by O’Reilly (NZ) out of Zabeel mare Winning Spree (NZ)
- Career: 7-5-1-1
- Prize Money: $472,599
- Current 2012 Rosehill Guineas Betting Odds: $4.20 @ bookmaker.com.au
Why Silent Achiever Can Win the 2012 Rosehill Guineas
- Comes off the same lead-up form as last year’s winner Jimmy Choux and is out for the his New Zealand Derby – Rosehill Guineas double
- Has Hugh Bowman in the saddle, a great Aussie hoop and former Rosehill Guineas winning jockey
- As the only filly in the field she meets her rivals two kilos better in the weights with 54.5kg, the same she carried to victory at her last four starts including the NZ Derby
- Boasts an excellent strike rate having won five of her seven starts to date and placing top three in her other two, the second highest of the field (71.43%)
- Has raced and won over the distance when winning the Group 3 Waikato Guineas at Te Rapap on February 4
Why Silent Achiever Can’t Win the 2012 Rosehill Guineas
- Her wide barrier 17 (into 15) draw makes it a difficult task in a big hotly contested Group 1
- Is she a better place chance?
- Yet to race in Australia and how she handles the travel over is crucial
- While she has form over the distance she does drop back from 2400m to 2000m
- Her regular rider James McDonald won’t be aboard
- Fillies have a poor record in the race, the last to win being Riverina Charm back in 1989
Whether you fancy backing the favourite in the Rosehill Guineas on Saturday or you think Silent Achiever will get rolled by a longer priced rival, all the odds you need are available online through bookmaker.com.au.
Not only will you get a better price on your selections at bookmaker.com.au, but if you sign up today quoting the code BONUSBET you will also receive a juicy $300 Bonus Bet to use on a race of your choice this season!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.