The Doomben Cup 2018 takes centre stage in...
She is unbeaten in three and primed to make it four on the trot, so can Steps In Time step up to the challenge of a Group 1 and take out the Coolmore Classic 2012 at Rosehill Garden son Saturday?
The John O’Shea-trained Danehill Dancer four-year-old is one of 14 hopefuls in this year’s $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m), running as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm.
It is a tough test for Steps In Time who was last seen putting four and a half lengths on her rivals in the Listed Wiggle Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm on March 10 as she goes up to the 1500-metres for the first time.
Still she proved herself a Group 1 chance two starts back when defeating elite level winner Beaded in the Group 2 NSW Thoroughbred Breeders Classic (1200m).
She will have to do so again on Saturday if she is to break her own Group 1 maiden as she faces a field full of Group 1 winners with the Peter Moody-trained miler King’s Rose, triple Group 1 champion Yosei, AJC Oaks champ Absolutely and the $3.50 bookmaker.com.au favourite Streama.
Steps In Time is the $4.40 second favourite in the Coolmore Classic odds at bookmaker.com.au, so can she extend her winning streak and defeat Streama for the win?
Below the Races.com.au team take a look at the pros and cons of Steps In Time taking out the classic tomorrow to help you decide whether to back her or sack her with your Saturday bets!
#6 Steps In Time – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 12
- Weight: 55kg
- Owners: N J Hoar, M J Everett & J S Jackson
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Danehill Dancer out of O’Reilly mare Rare Insight
- Career: 8-5-1-1
- Prize Money: $349,750
- Current 2012 Coolmore Classic Odds: $4.40 @ bookmaker.com.au
Why Steps In Time Can Win the 2012 Coolmore Classic
- Was ultra-impressive in her two last start wins
- Beat home a number of her Coolmore rivals including Foxstar and Ladys Angel in the Wiggle Stakes
- Two starts back she put over length on fellow Coolmore fancy Red Tracer
- Meets the favourite Streama equal on 55kg in the weights
- Has the highest winning rate of the field with 62.50%
Why Steps In Time Can’t Win the 2012 Coolmore Classic
- Barrier 12 is wide and she will have work to do from that gate especially with the top fancies all drawn better
- Is yet to race at Rosehill
- Hasn’t seen the distance with 1400m her longest assignment before this
- Was a distant 12th in her only Group 1 start before now beaten eight lengths by Coolmore rival Yosei in the Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m) at Eagle Farm last June
If you’ve read enough and you’re itching to take Steps In Time in the Coolmore Classic markets before her price comes in, then we recommend you visit the Australian-owned and trusted bookmaker.com.au today.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.