Australian cup winner Manighar gets his chance to show his strength over 2000 metres again this Saturday when the gelding contests the Group 1 $400,000 2012 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) at Rosehill Gardens.
The Peter Moody trained French horse beat a small but impressive field to take Australian Cup honours by a nose over Southern Speed but he will have to beat a larger field of horses to take out the Ranvet Stakes.
He will again go head-to-head with Southern Speed but will also have to topple Chipping Norton Stakes winner Shoot Out and exciting New Zealand mare Scarlett Lady.
Currently paying $4.80 at bookmaker.com.au, Manighar has shown promising form this year by winning two of three starts.
The Races.com.au team have done the research to provide you with the important Manighar facts and the reasons to back or sack Manighar in the 2012 Ranvet Stakes.
Horse Facts – Manighar
- Jockey: Luke Nolen
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Hon E I Mack, Carson Joel Syn, Glenlogan Park, J Higgins Uthmeyer Racing, A Karoll, Gurners Bldstk, Ms D Tricario, Est D Christensen and Oti Manighar
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Linamix out of Mintly Fresh
- Career: 25 8-4-4
- Prize Money: $1,852,718
- Current Ranvet Stakes Odds: $4.80 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Manighar Can Win the 2012 Ranvet Stakes
- He has been in good form in 2012 with his worst finish in three races a third-placing
- He is coming off a win in the Australian Cup
- He is part of the highly successful Peter Moody – Luke Nolen combination
- He has won at 2000 metres before
Why Manighar Can’t Win the 2012 Ranvet Stakes
- He faces a tougher and bigger field than in the Australian Cup
- He has never raced at Rosehill before
If you have a winner picked for the 2012 Ranvet Stakes, head to bookmaker.com.au to get the best odds.
Home of the $300 bonus bet, the Races.com.au preferred bookmaker has all the products to suit your racing needs.
Sign up at bookmaker.com.au today to use Quickbet, which is the latest innovation and the fastest way to get your bets on!