The 2012 Coolmore Classic is shaping up as a scintillating showdown by some of the season’s best fillies and mares, and with an open betting market for Saturday’s Rosehill feature below the Races.com.au team has made their insider Coolmore Classic tips public knowledge.
After going over our comprehensive 2012 Coolmore Classic Form Guide & Betting Analysis from earlier in the week we think we’ve nutted out the best horses to get behind in the $600,000 Group 1 clash that will run over 1500m as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm tomorrow.
- #5 Streama ($3.50 bookmaker.com.au)
The favourite is easing and we like it because we are backing her and want the better odds! Streama has a tricky gate (nine) but Aloha won from it against a similar size field last year and if there’s rain around being a little wide won’t hurt.
If the rain stays and the track remains in the Heavy range Streama will also be able to handle it having saluted on a wet track before.
She has also saluted at the track and distance at Group 2 level last season, so no issues there.
What about that weight (55kg)? It is a big one especially meeting some of these so close in the kilos, but if things go her way she’ll overcome.
Three-year-olds have one eight of the past 20 editions of the Coolmore so her age is right.
She’ll go forward early, which won’t suit 100%, but if she hangs onto that lead she will win.
- #5 Streama from #3 Red Tracer and #6 Steps In Time – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Red Tracer is a big danger in this field and lots of stats in her favour.
Won the Mille Fox here over 1300m last start in great fashion and she boasts the highest Place Rate of this field with an impressive 93.33%.
She is also unbeaten at Rosehill and the wet is no worry as she has won three from three on Heavy ground.
Steps In Time is another genuine chance here, she upset some quality types in the Wiggle Stakes over 1400m at the Farm last start and has the highest winning strike fate with 62.50%.
- #1 Secret Admirer ($12 bookmaker.com.au)
She’s a Group 1 winner from last year’s Epsom but with 58kg against this field Secret Admirer is going to struggle especially with the likely sluggish pace.
- #14 Tomboy ($81 bookmaker.com.au)
Rob Heathcote’s Brisbane visitor is the roughie of the field but we like her quite a bit.
She boasts the second best win rate of the field (53.33%), has won over the distance, and has taken out two of her last three runs back home.
She nearly had the better of Steel Zip over the mile on a Heavy (9) at Eagle Farm, and while she knocked about a bit in that run, Heathcote says she’s come through okay and accepting for a Group 1 field in Sydney makes us believe him.
Do your Coolmore Classic selections match our predictions? Whether you are backing the same horses as us or taking us on in the Coolmore, we can guarantee you’ll be happy with the price you lock in online at bookmaker.com.au!
Check out all the Rosehill racing markets at bookmaker.com.au now and if you are a first-time customer, make sure you enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET to unlock your juicy $300 Bonus Welcome Bet!
2012 Coolmore Classic Stakes Odds Update
Rosehill Gardens Race 7 – 4:10pm – 24/03/2012
- #1 Secret Admirer – $12 out from $10 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #2 King’s Rose – Steady at $6.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Red Tracer – Steady at $6.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Yosei – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Streama – $3.50 out from $3.30 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Steps In Time – $4.40 out from $4.20 @bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Absolutely – $51 out from $41 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Ofcourseican – $11 in from $13 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Ladys Angel – $26 out from $18 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Bliss Street – Steady at $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #11 Foxstar – Steady at $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Alberton Park – Steady at $21 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Do Ra Mi – $81 out from $61 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #14 Tomboy – Steady at $81 through bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change