The Moonee Valley night racing action this evening for William Reid Stakes Night 2012 is set to be top class with a bumper eight-race card to feature three Group events, the full program and tips for which can be found below.
Moonee Valley Track Report
- Weather: Overcast
- Track Condition: Dead (4)
- Penetrometer: 4.66
- Rail: True Position Entire Circuit
Of course the big event on the program is the latest Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival elite level, the $400,000 Group 1 William Reid Stakes (1200m).
Running as Moonee Valley Race 6 at 9:15pm (VIC time), the 2012 William Reid Stakes field features eight classy sprinters led by deserved odds-on favourite at $1.45 through bookmaker.com.au Hay List.
Hay List is backing up from an historical win in the Newmarket Handicap and he will face a similar contingent of rivals here including runner-up Buffering ($9 bookmaker.com.au) and third placed Foxwedge ($11 bookmaker.com.au).
One race before the William Reid takes centre stage is the night’s opening Group feature, Race 5 – the $200,000 Moonee Valley Fillies Classic (1600m).
The field is down to eight for this one with two early scratchings but the quality is most definitely still there with last-start Kewney Stakes winner Empress Rock ($2.90 bookmaker.com.au) and Peter Moody’s consistent Total Attraction ($5 bookmaker.com.au).
Following the William Reid is then the last Group showdown, Race 7 – the $200,000 Group 2 Sunline Stakes (1600m) for the mares where an wide open market features any number of live wire chances including Peter Snowden’s last-start Group winner Raspberries ($4.60 bookmaker.com.au) and the progressive Spirit Song ($8.50 bookmaker.com.au).
There is no shortage of top racing action at the Valley tonight with other highlights including the $100,000 Ascend Sales Trophies Stayers Challenge Final (3000m) and the $100,000 Hacer Group Premium Plate (1200m) running as races two and three.
See below for the full 2012 William Reid Stakes Night program, scratchings and the Races.com.au team’s Moonee Valley night racing tips to help you back a winner or two at bookmaker.com.au tonight!
2012 William Reid Stakes Night – Moonee Valley Tips
Race 1 – 6:45pm Rotary End Polio Handicap (1600m)
- Tip: #2 Fast And Free ($2.60) from #5 Supreme Warrior and #4 Now You Know – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Race 2 – 7:15pm Ascend Sales Trophies Stayers Challenge Final (3000m)
- Scratched: #6 Art Success (7)
- Tip: #5 Our Serena ($4.20) from #1 Vivid Vixen and #4 Montgomery – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Race 3 – 7:45pm Hacer Group Premium Plate (1200m)
- Scratched: #8 Bolisimo Miss (9)
- Tip: #9 Metonymy ($6.50) from #4 Sir Fernando and #3 American Dream – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Race 4 – 8:15pm Essendon Mazda 55 Second Challenge Heat 18 (955m)
- Scratched: #8 The Minister (10) & #9 Sandusky City (3)
- Tip: #4 Queen Delight ($2.70) from #2 Far Horizons and #3 General Truce – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Race 5 – 8:45pm Sportingbet Fillies Classic (1600m)
- Scratched: #3 Assertive Eagle (9) & #9 Princess Rock (2)
- Tip: #4 Total Attraction ($5) from #1 Empress Rock and #8 Our Miss Jones – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Read out full 2012 Moonee Valley Fillies Classic Tips & Odds Update.
Race 6 – 9:15pm Power Tracker William Reid Stakes (1200m)
- Tip: #1 Hay List ($1.45) from #4 Rekindled Interest and #3 Woorim – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Check out our complete William Reid Stakes 2012 Tips & Odds post.
Race 7 – 9:45pm Sportingbet Sunline Stakes (1600m)
- Scratched: #2 Marveen (2) & #10 Impulsive Dream (1)
- Tip: #5 Raspberries ($4.60) from #6 Spirit Song and #1 Lady Lynette – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Read why Raspberries tops our 2012 Sunline Stakes Tips & Predictions by following the link.
Race 8 – 10:15pm TBV / Newmarket Insurance Handicap (1200m)
- Scratched: #5 Bellissimo (6) & #12 Snip Esprit (9)
- Tip: #4 Del Palio ($6.50) from #6 It’s Crunch Tim and #7 Dubawi Gold – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
*All times quoted are local (VIC) time
*All odds quoted are fixed win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change