Chris Waller trained gelding Shoot Out will head into tomorrow’s 2012 Ranvet Stakes as favourite and the five-year-old has earnt that title.
Shoot Out has been in excellent form in the lead up to the Group 1 $400,000 race which will take place over 2000 metres at Sydney’s Rosehill Gardens.
He started promisingly in 2012 with two placings before delivering a sensational two-length victory in the Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes two weeks ago.
The two-time Group 1 winner is no stranger to big races and will be helped by champion Sydney jockey Hugh Bowman when re runs from a favourable barrier eight position on Saturday.
Horse Facts – Shoot Out
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: G L Huddy and Mrs L F Huddy
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by High Caparral out of Pentamerous
- Career: 27 8-4-4
- Prize Money: $2,186,950
- Current Ranvet Stakes Odds: $3.50 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Shoot Out Can Win the 2012 Ranvet Stakes
- He is in good form this year, coming off a Chipping Norton Stakes win
- He is a proven performer in big races, having won at Group 1 level twice
- He will be ridden by champion jockey Hugh Bowman with who he is familar
- He has received a favourable mid-field barrier draw (8)
Why Shoot Out Can’t Win the 2012 Ranvet Stakes
- He has never won at 2000 metres before
- Only a small group of legends have been able to win the Chipping Norton and the Ranvet in the same year
Do you think that Shoot Out will continue his run of good form? Or will you be backing a different horse? Whichever way you are going, be sure to visit bookmaker.com.au to access the best odds for all this weekend’s racing.
First time despositing customers are eligible to be rewarded with a $300 bonus bet simply by quoting the code BONUSBET when opening a new account today!