Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
She is the short-priced favourite in a smart field but can Guy Walter’s Group 1 winning filly Streama overcome an awkward gate and hefty weight to win the Coolmore Classic 2012 at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday?
The Stratum three-year-old enjoyed a three-from-three success in last year’s Princess Series Triple Crown culminating with a win the Group 1 Flight Stakes (1600m) at Randwick on October 1, and on Saturday Streama will be out to become a dual elite level winner by taking out the $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1600m).
Coming off a win in the Surround Stakes Streama is the clear $3.30 favourite in the Coolmore Classic odds at our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au despite her 55kg weight and barrier nine draw.
So what does the history books and Coolmore Classic form guide say about Streama winning?
Will she continue the strong record of three-year-old fillies in the feature, or will one of her quality rivals such as the in-form Steps In Time or last-start Mille Fox winner Red Tracer get the better of her on the day?
Below the Races.com.au has listed all the facts and stats both supporting Streama, and suggesting an upset Coolmore Classic result by another, so you can make a well-informed wager at bookmaker.com.au with the best chance of success.
#5 Streama – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Guy Walter
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Barrier: 9
- Weight: 55kg
- Owners: G R J Coghlan, Mrs P R Coghlan & Ms S L Coghlan
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: By Stratum (AUS) out of Sovereign Red (NZ) mare Penisamo (AUS)
- Career: 10-5-3-1
- Prize Money: $704,750
- Current 2012 Coolmore Classic Odds: $3.30 @ bookmaker.com.au
Yes – Streama Will be the 2012 Coolmore Classic Winner
- She comes off a win in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm a fortnight ago, last year’s Coolmore Classic winner Aloha also came off a win
- Barrier nine looks awkward on paper by it is the winning gate Aloha jumped from to 12 months ago
- 3YO fillies have an excellent record in the race winning eight of the past 20 editions, most recently in 2009 with Typhoon Tracy
- Has winning form at the track and distance having won the Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes (1500m) here last September
- Chance of a wet track on Saturday and Streama has had two starts on a Heavy track winning one and placing third in the other
No – Streama Won’t Win the 2012 Coolmore Classic
- Trainer has expressed concerns both over her weight (55kg) and barrier (9)
- Gives weight away to some quality rivals including Ladys Angel ($18 bookmaker.com.au) and Bliss Street ($31 bookmaker.com.au) who are on the 52kg minimum
- The only 3YO filly to carry more weight to victory in the race’s history was Assertive Lass with 55.5kg in 1997
- Could be better for a Place Bet at bookmaker.com.au as she has the third highest Win Rate (50%) and second best Place Rate (90.00%)
Think Streama can upset the bookies and salute for the punters in the Coolmore Classic? Get her and her Coolmore rivals at the guaranteed best prices online at bookmaker.com.au.
Don’t have an account with the Aussie-owned and trusted bookmaker.com.au? Sign up today quoting the promo code BONUSBET to enjoy a $300 Bonus Welcome Bet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.