The Team Snowden trained Calanda will carry the...
Sydney trainer Guy Walter has expressed his fears over the weight allocation for his filly Streama in the 2012 Coolmore Classic at Rosehill this Saturday, the favourite drifting out in the markets from her opening price after Wednesday’s barrier draw.
Yesterday our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au had Flight Stakes winner Streama at $3.20 to become a dual Group 1 champ with a win in the $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) at the Gardens this weekend.
Coming off a win in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm, and with winning form over the Coolmore Classic 2012 track and distance, Streama was allocated 55kg for the showdown.
Punters doing the early Coolmore Classic form have shied away from the favourite drawn awkwardly in barrier nine, causing Streama to ease out to $3.30 in the bookmaker.com.au markets.
While three-year-old fillies have a good record in the Coolmore winning eight times over the past two decades, only Assertive Lass with 55.5kg in 1997 has carried more than Streama’s 55kg allocation this year.
“It is a huge test for her, she has only ever beaten horses of her own age and sex,” Walter said as Streama looks to become the first filly since Typhoon Tracy three years ago to win the classic.
“In my opinion she is harshly weighted, I would have thought she could have got half to a kilogram less.
“The barrier isn’t the best either.”
Wiggle Stakes winner Steps In Time remains the steady $4.20 second, while prices have come in for both Peter Moody’s mile specialist King’s Rose and the Chris Waller-trained Millie Fox Stakes winner Red Tracer from $7 to $6.50.
Another market drifter along with Streama is 58kg topweight, Grahame Begg’s Epsom Handicap winner Secret Admirer.
The four-year-old disappointed the punters last start when fifth in the Wiggle Stakes, and despite getting back up closer to her preferred distance on Saturday Secret Admirer has blown right out from $8.50 to $10 through bookmaker.com.au.
Below is the full rundown of early Coolmore Classic betting market moves so you can keep a track on who to back and who to sack for the fillies and mares feature this weekend.
Ready to place you Rosehill bets?
2012 Coolmore Classic Odds Update
Rosehill Gardens Race 7 – 4:10pm – 24/03/2012
- #1 Secret Admirer – $8.50 out to $10 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #2 King’s Rose – $7 into $6.50 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Red Tracer – $7 into $6.50 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Yosei – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Streama – $3.20 out to $3.30 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Steps In Time – Steady at $4.20 through bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Absolutely – $61 into $41 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Ofcourseican – $14 into $13 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Ladys Angel – Steady at $18 through bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Bliss Street – $26 out to $31 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #11 Foxstar – Steady at $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Alberton Park – Steady at $21 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Do Ra Mi – $51 out to $61 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #14 Tomboy – Steady at $81 through bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.