Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
A field full of talented fillies and mares are set to face off at Rosehill Gardens for the Coolmore Classic 2012 this Saturday, and to help our readers back the winning trifecta below the Races.com.au crew have our comprehensive form guide and betting analysis on the race.
Running as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (NSW time), the $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) is shaping up as a crack showdown with an open field of chances.
Easing favourite in the Coolmore Classic odds at bookmaker.com.au is Guy Walter’s Flight Stakes winning three-year-old Streama at $3.30.
They certainly have the form having won the Surround Stakes last start, and the record over the track and distance with the Tea Rose Stakes victory from last September to their name, but whether Streama can overcome 55kg and barrier nine remains to be seen.
If she can’t there are plenty of other livewire chances in this year’s Coolmore Classic field waiting to strike including last start Wiggles Stakes winner Steps In Time, Red Tracer coming off a Mille Fox Stakes victory, Peter Moody’s talented miler King’s Rose and 58kg topweight Secret Admirer.
With a big 14-horse field and five at $10 or under in the betting the Coolmore Classic is a tricky one for the punters.
That’s why we have done the Coolmore Classic form and betting preview for you and listed the essential facts and stats on the field to help uncover the winning bet to make at bookmaker.com.au!
2012 Coolmore Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Coolmore Classic winner Aloha came off a win in the Group 3 PFD Food Services Stakes (1400m) at Flemington, jumped from gate nine (of 15) and was ridden by Glen Boss
- While this year’s PFD Food Services Stakes winner (Raspberries) is not among the Coolmore Classic hopefuls, those coming off a last-start win are #3 Red Tracer (Group 3 Millie Fox Stakes, 1300m, Rosehill, 03/03/2012), #5 Streama (Group 2 Surround Stakes, 1400m, Warwick Farm, 10/03/2012), #6 Steps In Time (Listed Wiggle Stakes, 1400m, Warwick Farm, 10/03/2012) and #8 Ofcourseican (Group 3 Liverpool City Cup, Warwick Farm, 10/03/2012)
- #5 Streama ($3.30 bookmaker.com.au) is drawn in last year’s winning barrier, nine
- Streama is also looking to add to the nice record of fillies in the race with eight three-year-olds winning over the past 20 years, the last being Typhoon Tracy (2009)
- Typhoon Tracy’s trainer Peter Moody will seek his second Coolmore Classic win in four years with #2 King’s Rose ($6.50 bookmaker.com.au) and #13 Do Ra Mi ($61 bookmaker.com.au) on Saturday
- The favourite Streama does have to carry 55kg however, the only to filly to carry more to a Coolmore Classic win being Assertive Lass (55.5kg in 1997)
- #6 Steps In Time ($4.20 bookmaker.com.au) boasts the best winning strike rate with 62.50% followed by #14 Tomboy (53.33%) and #5 Streama (50.00%)
- The highest Place Rate of the field belongs to #3 Red Tracer ($6.50 bookmaker.com.au) with 93.33% followed by #5 Streama (90.00%) and #6 Steps In Time (87.50%)
- Horses with winning form at Rosehill Gardens are #3 Red Tracer (2-2-0-0), #5 Streama (2-1-0-0), #8 Ofcourseican (7-2-1-3), #9 Ladys Angel (4-1-2-0) and #12 Alberton Park (2-1-1-0)
- Over the Coolmore Classic distance (1500m) the best records belong to #5 Streama (1-1-0-0), #9 Ladys Angel (2-1-0-1), #11 Foxstar (2-1-1-0) and #14 Tomboy (2-1-0-0)
- #5 Streama ($3.30 bookmaker.com.au) and #9 Ladys Angel ($18 bookmaker.com.au) are the only to have run and won over the Track & Distance
- They course proper at Rosehill is currently rated a Heavy (8) and Coolmore Classic horses with good heavy track form are #3 Red Tracer (3-3-0-0), #9 Ladys Angel (5-3-2-0), #5 Streama (2-1-0-1), #7 Absolutely (1-1-0-0), #8 Ofcourseican (3-0-2-0), #14 Tomboy (3-1-1-1) and #1 Secret Admirer (1-0-1-0)
Bookmark us here at Races.com.au to view our exclusive Coolmore Classic betting tips to be up soon.
In the meantime if you have your own selections that you want to back for the Win, Place or put into an exotic head to bookmaker.com.au and get in on the action!
2012 Coolmore Classic Field & Form Guide
Rosehill Race 7 – 4:10pm – 24/03/2012
|1.||SECRET ADMIRER||G M Begg||Brenton Avdulla||6||58||4yoM||14||$71,378||12: 3 2 4||25.00%||75.00%||153×35|
|2.||KING’S ROSE||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||5||57.5||4yoM||14||$50,870||18: 8 3 0||44.44%||61.11%||1272×8|
|3.||RED TRACER||C J Waller||Glyn Schofield||8||55.5||4yoM||21||$37,834||15: 7 3 4||46.67%||93.33%||230×31|
|4.||YOSEI||S J Webb||Michelle Payne||10||55.5||4yoM||14||$43,046||21: 4 1 1||19.05%||28.57%||079×05|
|5.||STREAMA||G H Walter||Hugh Bowman||9||55||3yoF||14||$70,475||10: 5 3 1||50.00%||90.00%||111×21|
|6.||STEPS IN TIME||J A O’shea||Jimmy Cassidy||12||55||4yoM||14||$43,719||8: 5 1 1||62.50%||87.50%||10×111|
|7.||ABSOLUTELY||M C Kent||Brad Rawiller||13||54||4yoM||161||$42,364||11: 1 3 2||9.09%||54.55%||x5660x|
|8.||OFCOURSEICAN||R J Quinton||Kathy O’Hara||7||53.5||5yoM||14||$15,524||25: 7 5 5||28.00%||68.00%||333×31|
|9.||LADYS ANGEL||Joseph Pride||Christian Reith||11||52||5yoM||14||$17,973||15: 5 3 2||33.33%||66.67%||142×53|
|10.||BLISS STREET||D L Morton||Craig Newitt||4||52||3yoF||14||$25,263||15: 4 2 4||26.67%||66.67%||25×383|
|11.||FOXSTAR||G H Walter||Corey Brown||2||52||5yoM||14||$13,987||20: 6 6 2||30.00%||70.00%||611×62|
|12.||ALBERTON PARK||J A O’shea||Tommy Berry||3||52||5yoM||7||$9,928||32: 6 12 4||18.75%||68.75%||2×1423|
|13.||DO RA MI||P G Moody||Peter Robl||14||52||4yoM||14||$25,834||15: 3 2 0||20.00%||33.33%||578×65|
|14.||TOMBOY||R L Heathcote||Craig Williams||1||52||4yoM||21||$11,520||15: 8 1 2||53.33%||73.33%||x13112|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.