While all eyes will be on star horses Mosheen and Manawanui in today’s Group 1 $500,000 2012 Royal Randwick Guineas, the third favourite Strike the Stars should not be ignored.
The punters have certainly not ignored the Anthony Cummings trained gelding as he has moved from $12.00 to $9.00 with the Races.com.au preferred online bookmaker – bookmaker.com.au.
Strike The Stars ran second to star filly Mosheen in the prized Australian Guineas and has a favourable barrier seven start for today’s draw card race.
Also on the promising three-year-old’s side is the fact he will have experienced jockey Hugh Bowman on top when the horses jump at 4:20pm (AEDT) today.
The Races.com.au team have come up with the stats that matter about Strike The Stars and have put our best foot forward to give you reasons to back or leave the New Zealand horse today.
Horse Facts – Strike The Stars
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Anthony Cummings
- Owners: Anthony Cummings Thoroughbreds Synd.
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Savabeel out of Ambitious
- Career: 9 1-3-1
- Prize Money: $312,900
- Current Randwick Guineas Odds: $9.00 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Strike The Stars Can Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- He is coming off an impressive second in the Australian Guineas
- He has drawn a favourable barrier of seven
- He will be ridden by prolific jockey Hugh Bowman
Why Strike The Stars Can’t Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- He has never won at 1600 metres
- The highest level race he has won is Group 3
- He has only had one victory from nine starts
The bumper day of racing at the newly redeveloped Royal Randwick Racecourse is not too far away so be sure to get your bets on at bookmaker.com.au.
The Races.com.au preferred bookie is home of the $300 bonus bet and offers the best value odds.
Even better, bookmaker.com.au is Australian owned and operated so head on over and back the Randwick Guineas winner!