Australian Guineas winner Mosheen won’t go into tomorrow’s $500,000 Group 1 2012 Royal Randwick Guineas as favourite but the star filly will give race favourite Manawanui a genuine run for his money in the 1600 metre event.
The Fastnet Rock filly produced a stellar run with Danny Nikolic in the saddle when she won the Australian Guineas from the outside barrier on a slow Flemington track.
She will have to produce something special again tomorrow to take top honours, having drawn barrier 14 for the prized event.
It is definitely not beyond the Robert Smerdon trained horse who has proved her quality over 12 starts that has included five victories and more than $2 million in prize money.
Mosheen currently sits just behind race favourite Manawanui at $3.60 with the Races.com.au preferred bookie – bookmaker.com.au.
Horse Facts – Mosheen
- Jockey: Danny Nikolic
- Trainer: Robert Smerdon
- Owners: P S & Miss S E Sly, P S Kelly, Miss B J Sly, J H Kreuzer, Ms J M Mccaughey, B A Wilson, B S Stanley & T A Corstens
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock out of Sumehra
- Career: 12 5-3-2
- Prize Money: $2,088,700
- Current Randwick Guineas Odds: $3.60 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Mosheen Can Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- She is coming off a sensational win in the Australian Guineas
- She has won over the Randwick Guineas distance of 1600 metres twice
- She is proven in big races having won the Crown Oaks and the Australian Guineas
- She will have regular jockey Danny Nikolic in the saddle
Why Mosheen Can’t Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- She has drawn barrier number 14
- Race favourite Manawanui will start three gates further in
Do you think Mosheen can take down Manawanui in the 2012 Randwick Guineas? Or do you think Helmet will prove too strong? Maybe you fancy a different horse?
Whoever you are tipping, you can be sure the best odds for the Randwick Guineas and all your other racing needs can be found at bookmaker.com.au.
They are currently offering a $300 bonus bet for new customers so go ahead and back the Randwick Guineas winner!