Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Hobartville Stakes winner Wild And Proud has his work cut out if he is to beat the top two horses in the 2012 Royal Randwick Guineas (1600m) but victory is not completely out of reach of the Gai Waterhouse trained gelding.
The son of Snowland showed he could match it with the big boys when he was awarded as race winner in the Hobartville Stakes after a protest was upheld against tomorrow’s bookmaker.com.au favourite Manwanui.
Wild And Proud is chasing a third straight victory but will have to step up in distance on Saturday, having never run more than 1400 metres.
He will have Jim Cassidy in the saddle tomorrow and he will have to produce a brilliant ride, with Wild and Power set to start from the widest barrier of the field in number 17.
Currently sitting at $12.00 in the bookmaker.com.au market, Wild and Proud is a long way back from the favourites in the Randwick Guineas betting.
Keep reading below for all the stats and some reasons for why and why not he can upset the top horses in tomorrow’s feature race.
Horse Facts – Wild and Proud
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: Gooree Pastoral Company Synd.
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Snowland out of Blab
- Career: 8 3-0-3
- Prize Money: $234,680
- Current Randwick Guineas Odds: $12.00 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Wild and Proud Can Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- He is coming off a win in the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes
- He showed he could match it with favourite Manawanui in the Hobartville Stakes
- He is trained by the prolific Gai Waterhouse
Why Wild and Proud Can’t Win the 2012 Randwick Guineas
- He has never raced at more than 1400 metres
- He has drawn the widest barrier of the field
- Race favourites are Mosheen and Manawanui are both more proven over longer distances
The Randwick Guineas is the feature race of the weekend and the place to get the best odds is at bookmaker.com.au!
They are currently offering great value on all the top horses and have a special $300 bonus bet offer for new customers.
All you have to do to be rewarded is enter the code BONUSBET when you open a new account at bookmaker.com.au today!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.