Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Manawanui heads into tomorrow’s feature Group 1 $500,000 2012 Royal Randwick Guineas (1600m) as favourite and is in for show down with talented Australian Guineas winner Mosheen.
The Ron Leemon trained son of Oratorio is a Group 1 winner and would have scored victory in the Hobartville Stakes on March 3 if a protest was not upheld by the Wild and Proud camp after Manawanui crossed the line in front.
It is the prized race across the country tomorrow in what is the first meeting at the Royal Randwick Racecourse since its $150 million redevelopment.
Manawanui is yet to win over the 1600 metre distance but is a proven performer having won at distances from 1100 to 2040 metres.
The Races.com.au team is here to bring you all the stats about the $3.10 bookmaker.com.au favourite as well as what is for and against the star gelding in tomorrow’s Randwick Guineas.
Horse Facts – Manawanui
- Jockey: Tommy Berry
- Trainer: Ron Leemon
- Owners: Mrs G D Leemon, J R Sundell, R M Casson, Ms J A Brown, R G Reo, A T Reo, D R T Leemon, A Cook & G F M Syndicate
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Oratorio out of Lady Remlap
- Career: 11 6-3-1
- Prize Money: $1,347,580
- Current Randwick Guineas Odds: $3.10 at bookmaker.com.au
- He is a proven winner, having scored six victories from 11 starts
- He has won a Group 1 race (2011 Golden Rose)
- He has a better barrier draw than top competitor Mosheen
- He showed sensational form last start in the Hobartville Stakes before losing on protest
- He has never won at the Randwick Guineas 1600 metre distance
- He has not won in his last three starts
Bookmaker.com.au are currently offering the superb odds of $3.10 for Manawanui to take top honours in the 2012 Randwick Guineas so sign up today to secure these fantastic odds.
When you bet with bookmaker.com.au, you know you are getting the pick of the odds and are betting with an Australian owned bookie.
Also, if you are a new customer, simply enter the code BONUSBET and you will be rewarded with their amazing $300 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.