Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
They haven’t won a race since August 2010, but there has been some steady money for Chris Waller’s recent stable acquisition Shoot Out to score an upset win in the Chipping Norton Stakes 2012 at Warwick Farm on Saturday.
After two promising runs at Rosehill last month to finish third and second respectively behind Joe Pride’s exciting sprinter Rain Affair in the Expressway and Apollo Stakes, High Chaparral five-year-old Shoot Out is gearing up for a big run in the $350,000 Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m).
They currently sit second in the horse racing betting markets on the Chipping Norton Stakes paying $3.60 behind $2.70 favourite, Cox Plate winner Pinker Pinker.
So will the wet weather in Sydney and two lead-up runs work in Shoot Out’s favour?
Below the Races.com.au team take a look at the pros and cons for Shoot Out scoring a big Group 1 win in the Chipping Norton this weekend.
Shoot Out – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: Mr G L Huddy, Mrs L F Huddy
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by High Chaparral (IRE) out of Pentire (GB) mare Pentamerous (NZ)
- Career: 26-7-4-4
- Prize Money: $1,978,950
- Current Chipping Norton Stakes Odds 2012: $3.60 @ bookmaker.com.au
Why Shoot Out Can Be the 2012 Chipping Norton Stakes Winner
- Going third-up into the race looks ideal
- Is drawn in barrier five giving jockey Hugh Bowman options
- Bowman is one of only two former Chipping Norton Stakes winning jockeys with a ride in the race on Saturday, Bowman won in 2011 with Danleigh
- Shoot Out is also prepared a former winning trainer in Chris Waller who prepared Danleigh, the defending champ also racing on Saturday
- Has had three runs over the mile for a win and a third place finish
- Will advantage if the ground comes back into the Slow range having won three and placed in four more of his nine starts on slow ground to date
- Plenty of Group 1 experience including his win in the 2012 Australian Derby
Why Shoot Out Won’t Win the Chipping Norton Stakes 2012
- His smart 57.69% Place Rate makes him a better runner-up or third place chance
- Has never started at Warwick Farm before
- If Warwick Farm remains in the Heavy range, Shoot Out will be seeing a Heavy track for the first time
- Could be looking for further?
Seen enough to suggest an upset Chipping Norton Stakes result could be on the cards?
Head to our preferred online bookmaker today, bookmaker.com.au and get the best odds on all the Chipping Norton Stakes horses.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.