Joseph Pride trained Rain Affair will be looking to upset race favourite Hay List and score this tenth straight victory when he runs for the first time in the 2012 Newmarket Handicap at Flemington this Saturday.
The online betting markets currently have the four-year-old as equal $6.00 second favourite (with Bel Sprinter) and his record suggests he is every chance of taking top honours.
Fresh off a two and a half length victory in the Apollo Stakes, the gelding has been unbeaten in Sydney for more than a year and will be looking to take top billings in the $1 million event that serves as his first race in Melbourne.
Rain Affair will carry three kilograms less (55.5kg) than Hay List and will have experienced jockey Corey Brown in the saddle when he comes from the inside barrier this weekend.
Horse Facts – Rain Affair
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Joseph Pride
- Owners: D W Storey
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Commands out of I Believe
- Career: 11 10-1-0
- Prize Money: $599,200
- Current Newmarket Handicap Odds: $6.00 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Rain Affair can win the 2012 Newmarket Handicap
- Rain Affair has won his last nine starts
- He is coming off victory in the Apollo Stakes on February 25
- He has won three times over the 1200 metre Newmarket distance
Why Rain Affair can’t win the 2012 Newmarket Handicap
- Rain Affair has never run at Flemington
- He has never won a Group 1 race
- There are nine Group 1 winners running in the race
The market for tommorow’s Super Saturday of racing is now open at bookmaker.com.au.
They have the best odds on all the weekend’s racing including the 2012 Newmarket Handicap and the Australian Cup.
Home of the $300 bonus bet, they are Australian owned and are the innovators of Quickbet technology, allowing you to get your bets on faster.
To take advantage of the huge bonus bet offer, simply enter the code BONUSBET when you sign up at bookmaker.com.au today.