With super mare Black Caviar not running in the 2012 Newmarket Handicap, often runner up Hay List will head in to the nation’s most prestigious sprint as deserving favourite.
Currently paying $3.70 at bookmaker.com.au, the six-year-old has two Group 1 victories to his name but has finished second to Black Caviar an amazing five times.
The John McNair trained gelding is well and truly proven over the Newmarket length of 1200 metres, having recorded six victories at the distance.
He will carry the top weight of 58.5kg in to the Newmarket Handicap this weekend. This gives the six-year-old a chance to prove his talent as it is the heaviest weight carried in to the Newmarket since 1959.
- Jockey: Glyn Schofield
- Trainer: John McNair
- Owners: T J Davenport, Mrs E A Davenport, Miss J Davenport, Miss K M Davenport & P A Davenport
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Staute of Libery out of Sing Hallelujah
- Career: 21 14-5-0
- Prize Money: $1,871,325
- Current Newmarket Handicap Odds: $3.20 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Hay List can win the 2012 Newmarket Handicap
- Hay List has an impressive 14 wins from 21 starts
- He has won six times over the Newmarket 1200 metre distance
- He is coming off a second-place effort (to Black Caviar) in the Coolmore Lightning Stakes
- Black Caviar is not running
Why Hay List can’t win the 2012 Newmarket Handicap
- He will carry 58.5kg, the heaviest weight in the Newmarket since 1959
- He will run from the wide barrier 15 in a huge field of 22 horses
Hay List is currently the red hot favourite for the 2012 Newmarket Handicap, paying $3.20 at our preferred place for online horse racing betting bookmaker.com.au.
They are an Australian owned bookmaker and are the Races.com.au favourite due to their superior odds and $300 bonus bet offering..
So with the nation’s premier sprint the 2012 Newmarket Handicap happening tomorrow, make sure you head over to bookmaker.com.au and bet with the bookie with the best odds!