Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
It is going to be a muddy 2012 Chipping Norton Stakes at Warwick Farm on Saturday, but can the short-priced favourite Pinker Pinker make history and salute for the punters?
Greg Eurell’s class Reset mare goes into the $350,000 Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) second-up for the season following an upset loss to King Mufhasa in the Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m).
While there are some historical facts and imposing hoodoos for the reigning Cox Plate winner to overcome, Pinker Pinker remains the dominant favourite in the Chipping Norton Stakes horse racing odds at bookmaker.com.au.
So will the likely Heavy track get the better of Pinker Pinker on Saturday?
Or can she become just the second horse in history to score the rare Cox Plate – Chipping Norton Stakes double in the same season?
See below for the Races.com.au team’s exclusive analysis of Pinker Pinker’s chances in the 2012 Chipping Norton Stakes, running as Warwick Farm Race 6 at 4:22pm.
Horse Facts – Pinker Pinker
- Jockey: Blake Shinn
- Trainer: Greg Eurell
- Owners: M D Kirby Nominees Syndicate
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Reset (AUS) out of Success Express (USA) mare Miss Marion (AUS)
- Career: 17-6-3-2
- Prize Money: $2,605,868
- Current Chipping Norton Stakes Odds: $2.75 @ bookmaker.com.au
Yes – Pinker Pinker Can Win the Chipping Norton Stakes 2012
- She is drawn in the outside barrier (eight) which is an advantage on the wet ground
- Her record on Heavy (2-1-0-1) and Slow (2-1-0-0) tracks are both good so can handle the mud
- Pinker Pinker is undefeated second-up having won all three of her second-up assignments to date
- She has an excellent mile record with four wins and four minor placings from 10 runs over 1600-metres
- Is a Group 1 winner so knows how to handle herself in an elite-level field
No – Pinker Pinker Will Go Down in an Upset Chipping Norton Stakes Result
- Warwick Farm is not her favourite track, from eight attempts she has never won
- Could be a better Place bet having run four thirds at the track
- Only one horse in history – Carbon Copy (1949) – has won the Cox Plate – Chipping Norton Stakes double in the same year
- In the past 25 years only one other mare has scored a Chipping Norton win
- Victorian-trained horses have a poor record in the race with the last being Lee Freedman’s Super Impose 20 years ago
Remember, whether it is Pinker Pinker you fancy in the Chipping Norton Stakes 2012 or another of the longer-priced contenders such as mudlark Sacred Choice, the only place to get your bets on is bookmaker.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.