Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday Sydney race fans and punters will try to forget the stormy skies and muddy grounds and head along to Warwick Farm Racecourse for a bumper day’s racing headlined by the Chipping Norton Stakes 2012, the Races.com.au team’s exclusive form guide preview and tips for which can be found below.
One of the leading mile showdowns held during the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival, this year’s edition of the $350,000 Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) is shaping up as a cracker with eight quality gallopers engaged.
With ballot exemptions on offer to the Chipping Norton Stakes winner into both the $2 million Group 1 Doncaster Mile (1600m) at Royal Randwick on April 21 and the popular $500,000 Group 1 Sydney Cup (3200m) at the same track the following weekend, there is more than just one elite level title possibly on the line on Saturday.
Current Chipping Norton Stakes horse racing odds at our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au are led by reigning Cox Plate winner Pinker Pinker paying $2.70 whose outside draw is likely to work in her favour with the Heavy-rated track.
But she suffered defeat first-up and so there is every chance a longer-priced hopeful could score an upset including the Chris Waller-trained Shoot Out or market mover Trusting.
So where do you go to uncover the best bets to place on the Chipping Norton?
Having studied the Warwick Farm race six form guide, betting history and statistics carefully the Races.com.au crew have done the hard work for you and come up with the need to know facts on the race as well as our insider tips.
2012 Chipping Norton Stakes Form Guide Analysis
Last year’s Chipping Norton Stakes winner Danleigh came via a sixth in the Apollo Stakes, jumped from barrier eight (of 13) and was ridden by Hugh Bowman
- #4 Danleigh ($6.50 bookmaker.com.au) is back to defend his title on Saturday from barrier three with Jim Cassidy to ride and this year they come off a third in the Apollo Stakes
- Other horses coming via the Apollo Stakes are #2 Shoot Out (2nd), #6 Herculian Prince (4th), #3 Trusting (8th), #1 Rangirangdoo (9th), #9 Sacred Choice (10th) and #5 Gathering (12th)
- Six horses have won multiple editions of the Chipping Norton, most recently Super Impose (1991-92)
- Bowman will this year partner with #2 Shoot Out, a stablemate of Danleigh, who is the $3.60 second favourite at bookmaker.com.au, while barrier eight belongs to
- #2 Shoot Out (Hugh Bowman) and #4 Danleigh (Jim Cassidy) are also the only two horses in the field to be ridden by a former Chipping Norton Stakes winning jockeys
- The above duo are also two of a quartet of horses prepared by a former Chipping Norton Stakes winning trainer along with their stablemate #1 Rangirangdoo (Chris Waller) and #6 Herculian Prince (Gai Waterhouse)
- #1 Rangirangdoo boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 43.48% followed by #8 Pinker Pinker (35.29%) and #6 Herculian Prince (34.62%)
- At Warwick Farm horses with the best record are #4 Danleigh (3-1-0-2), #6 Herculian Prince (2-1-0-0), #3 Trusting (2-1-0-0) and #1 Rangirangdoo (2-0-1-1)
- Horses that have previously won over the mile are #1 Rangirangdoo (8-5-2-1), #9 Sacred Choice (10-4-2-2), #6 Herculian Prince (5-3-1-0), #5 Gathering (4-2-0-0), #8 Pinker Pinker (5-1-2-0), #4 Danleigh (12-1-1-2), #2 Shoot Out (3-1-0-1) and #3 Trusting (6-1-2-0)
- With Warwick Farm likely to still be in the Heavy range come race time it is important to consider the horses with good form in the wet and the horses with the best Heavy records are #9 Sacred Choice (6-3-1-0) including two Group 1s, #1 Rangirangdoo (4-1-2-1), #8 Pinker Pinker (2-1-0-1), #5 Gathering (4-1-1-0) and #6 Herculian Prince (3-0-0-1)
2012 Chipping Norton Stakes Trifecta Tip
- #6 Herculian Prince from #9 Sacred Choice and #8 Pinker Pinker – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Based on the above the Races.com.au team are tipping a very juicy Chipping Norton Stakes upset and believe Hercuilan Prince will return to form in the wet at Warwick Farm and score their first win since the 2010 Metropolitan Handicap.
Paying $20 at bookmaker.com.au you have to like that Chipping Norton Stakes tip!
Sacred Choice’s wet track form cannot be ignored and she is ready to improve while Pinker Pinker has class stamped all over her and over a bit more distance on a better track in the spring she will rule supreme again.
To lock in our Chipping Norton Stakes picks at the guaranteed best prices, visit the Australian-owned and operated bookmaker.com.au today.
Not only will you get a better deal on your horse racing, but by signing up today using the code BONUSBET you will also be eligible for their $300 bonus welcome bet offer!
2012 Chipping Norton Stakes Form Guide & Field
Warwick Farm Race 6 – 4:22pm – 10/03/2012
|1.||RANGIRANGDOO||C J Waller||Peter Robl||6||59||7yoG||14||$87,147||23: 10 7 2||43.48%||82.61%||x41x99|
|2.||SHOOT OUT||C J Waller||Hugh Bowman||5||59||5yoG||14||$76,113||26: 7 4 4||26.92%||57.69%||552×32|
|3.||TRUSTING||John Thompson||Joao Moreira||4||59||5yoH||14||$40,936||22: 4 4 2||18.18%||45.45%||5117×8|
|4.||DANLEIGH||C J Waller||Jimmy Cassidy||3||59||8yoG||14||$45,012||50: 9 6 9||18.00%||48.00%||688×63|
|5.||GATHERING||John Thompson||Brenton Avdulla||2||59||5yoG||14||$41,293||24: 4 3 3||16.67%||41.67%||x976x0|
|6.||HERCULIAN PRINCE||Ms G Waterhouse||Adam Hyeronimus (a)||1||59||6yoG||14||$21,296||26: 9 2 1||34.62%||46.15%||0000×4|
|7.||MR MAKE BELIEVE||P G Moody||Linda Meech||8||59||5yoG||7||$14,126||17: 9 2 0||52.94%||64.71%||6×6851|
|8.||PINKER PINKER||G Eurell||Blake Shinn||9||57||4yoM||14||$153,051||17: 6 3 2||35.29%||64.71%||1221×2|
|9.||SACRED CHOICE||Joseph Pride||Jay Ford||7||57||6yoM||14||$56,537||38: 9 4 7||23.68%||52.63%||892×70|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
*All Fixed Win Odds quoted are subject to change – see bookmaker.com.au for updates and to bet now!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.