French gelding Manighar is one of five imports that will be chasing Australian Cup honours at Flemington tomorrow.
The Peter Moody trained six-year-old has been in good form heading in to the 2000 metre Group One stayers’ event and remains a chance of upsetting the favourites.
He finished third behind Lucas Cranach and Australian Cup second favourite Illo last start in the Peter Young Stakes, a result which followed victory in the Group Three TS Carlyon Cup.
Bookmaker.com.au currently have the French stayer as third favourite ($6.00) to take top billings in the $1 million race and if he produces a good run, he possesses the talent to beat Americain and Illo past the post.
The son of Linamix will come from barrier six, one gate inside Illo, and will have experienced jockey Luke Nolen in the saddle.
Horse Facts – Manighar
- Jockey: Luke Nolen
- Trainer: Peter Moody
- Owners: Hon E Mack, Carson/Joel & Glenlogan Park Syns, J Higgins, Uthmeyer Racing, A Karoll, Gurner’s Bldstk, Ms D Tricarico, Est D Christensen & Oti Manighar
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Linamix out of Mintly Fresh
- Career: 24 7-4-4
- Prize Money: $688,250
- Current Australian Cup Odds: $6.00 at bookmaker.com.au
Why Manighar can win the 2012 Australian Cup
- Manighar has seven wins from 24 career starts
- He is coming off a good run in the Peter Young Stakes where he finished third
- He will be ridden by successful jockey Luke Nolen
Why Manighar can’t win the 2012 Australian Cup
- Manighar has never won at Flemington
- He has never won at 2000 metres
The full odds for the 2012 Australian Cup are now available at our preferred online bookmaker, bookmaker.com.au.
They have the best prices for all your horse racing needs and ahead of the bumper weekend of racing are offering a $300 bonus bet!
All you have to take advantage of the bonus bet offer is enter the code BONUSBET when you open an account today!