Despite a setback in Helmet’s first-up effort in the CS Hayes Stakes two weeks ago, the outstanding colt remains the clear favourite ahead of tomorrow’s 2012 Australian Guineas at Flemington.
If the Peter Snowden trained three-year-old can score victory tomorrow, he will join Mahogany (1993-94) and become the second horse in history to win the Caulfield Guineas – Australian Guineas double.
The elite level Group 1 race will be held over 1600 metres and this should suit the Caulfield Guineas champion.
Helmet has had two starts at the distance and has done the business on both occasions, holding him in good stead for tomorrow’s $750,000 race.
In perhaps a sign of cautious punters following the fifth-place-effort in the CS Hayes Stakes, the colt is now paying $3.20 after starting at $3.00 at Luxbet when the final field was released on Wednesday.
Horse Facts – Helmet
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owner: Sheikh Mohammed
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: By Exceed and Excel out of Accessories
- Career: 11 6-0-3
- Prize Money: $1,567,300
- Current Australian Guineas Odds: $3.20 at Luxbet
Why Helmet Can Win the 2012 Australian Guineas
- Helmet has an impressive record of six wins from 11 starts
- He is undefeated from two starts over 1600 metres
- He is a Caulfield Guineas winner showing he can win the big races
Why Helmet Can’t Win the 2012 Australian Guineas
- Barrier five may not be the best spot for a horse that likes to roll without getting caught on the inside
- Ran poorly in first up effort in CS Hayes Stakes
Helmet is now paying $3.20 at Luxbet so be sure to sign up to secure these juicy odds on the 2012 Australian Guineas favourite.
Luxbet is home to the best odds and the whopping $400 bonus bet deal.
Simply enter the code BONUSBET when you sign up today and they will match your first deposit up to a magnificent $400!
So prove to your mates how good a punter you are and back the Australian Guineas 2012 winner with Luxbet today!