Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Mosheen will be looking to post an upset victory over Helmet in the 2012 Australian Guineas Group 1 race at Flemington this Saturday March 3, 2012.
The punters are certainly of the belief the Crown Oaks Group 1 winner can knock off the Caulfield Guineas champion to take out top spot in the $750,000 race.
Mosheen has been backed in from $6.50 to $5.50 at Luxbet but in order to beat excellent colt Helmet, she will have to overcome some challenges including an outside barrier start.
Neither the distance nor the track are unfamiliar to the only filly in the 1600 metre race, having won the Edward Manifold Stakes in October last year.
She is coming off a second-place-effort in the Group 3 Vanity which was held at Flemington on February 18.
Horse Facts – Mosheen
- Jockey: Danny Nikolic
- Trainer: Robert Smerdon
- Owners: P S & Miss S E Sly, P S Kelly, Miss B J Sly, J H Kreuzer, Ms J M Mccaughey, B A Wilson, B S Stanley & T A Corstens
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock out of Sumehra
- Career: 11 4-3-2
- Prize Money: $1,633,700
- Current Australian Guineas Odds: $5.50 at Luxbet
Why Mosheen Can Win the 2012 Australian Guineas
- Mosheen has won at Flemington before
- She is the only horse in the race to have won at track and distance
- Wet weather is predicted which could see the track downgraded to slow-heavy
Why Mosheen Can’t Win the 2012 Australian Guineas
- She has drawn barrier number 20 (will move in to 16 if the four emergencies come out)
- No horse has ever won starting from a double digit gate
- She is the only filly in the race and only three fillies have won in the race’s 26-year history
Do you think Mosheen can cause an upset win in the 2012 Australian Guineas? Or do you think Helmet will prove too strong? Maybe you fancy a different horse?
Whoever you are tipping, you can be sure the best odds for the Australian Guineas and all your other racing needs can be found at Luxbet.
Enter the code BONUSBET, to get a bet matching your first deposit up to $400!
Back the Australian Guineas 2012 winner with Luxbet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.