Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
The 2012 Magic Millions 2YO Classic will take centre stage at the Gold Coast on Saturday, and to help our readers pick the winning juvenile in the lucrative feature below is the Races.com.au team’s exclusive Magic Millions Classic form guide analysis and betting preview.
Having gone over the full form guide on the $2 million BMW Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) field, studied the historical stats and data on the race, and studied the betting markets and trends, we have come up with the a list of need-to-know info before you head to Luxbet and to get your punt on.
Set to jump at 2:45pm (QLD time) as Gold Coast Race 5, the Magic Millions Classic 2012 features a field of 16 confirmed starters plus four emergencies following the withdrawal of #20e Grand Business.
Despite the full field, only three two-year-olds are considered a genuine chance of becoming this year’s Magic Millions Classic winner if the bookies’ markets are anything to go by.
MM Classic betting is dominated by Gai Waterhouse’s undefeated filly and market mover Dreifontein ($3.10), easing second elect Sizzling ($3.70) from the Brisbane stables of Kelso Wood, and Gerald Ryan’s in-form Sydneysider Amorino ($6).
So will the winner be one of these promising three? Or will there be a massive upset in the Magic Millions Classic result with another runner offering odds of $16 or more through Luxbet take the glory?
See below for the most comprehensive 2012 Magic Millions 2YO Classic form guide facts and betting analysis and then head to Luxbet to back your favourites at the best prices.
2012 Magic Millions Classic Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s winner Karuta Queen came off a Magic Millions Wyong Classic win, jumped from barrier seven and was ridden by Tommy Berry
- This year #9 Hoss Amor ($18 Luxbet) won the Wyong MM Classic, third emergency Antarctic Dream ($151 Luxbet) has barrier seven but #12 Alezan Thunder ($16 Luxbet) will get the gate if all reserves come out, and Berry has the ride on #8 Driefontein ($3.10 Luxbet)
- There are four undefeated runners in this year’s race with #2 Amorino ($6 Luxbet), #8 Driefontein ($3.50 Luxbet), #9 Hoss Amor ($18 Luxbet) and #14 No Looking Back ($16 Luxbet); 10 Magic Millions winners in the past 20 years were unbeaten including three of the past four
- History is against two of these unbeaten runners with #9 Hoss Amor and #14 No Looking Back having had just one career start; no Magic Millions winner in history has achieved the feat at just their second start
- Other last-start winners aside from the four undefeated chances are #4 Travino (1100m, Te Rapa, 10/12/2011), #12 Alezan Thunder (900m, Sandown, 24/12/2011) and #13 Lady Colours (900m, Gold Coast, 07/01/2012)
- The past two MM Classic winners Karuta Queen (2011) and Military Rose (2010) came into the race on the back of a perfect three-from-three career record; no horse in this year’s race has had three starts for three wins
- 14 of the past 20 Magic Millions winners raced between Boxing Day (December 26) and New Year’s Day (January 1); horses that have NOT done so this year are #4 Travino, #5 Little Critter, #9 Hoss Amor, #12 Alezan Thunder, #14 No Looking Back, #15 Love Laughing, #16 Mrs Gray and all of the emergencies
- Favourites have a strong record having won eight times in the past 20 years, including the last two years; #8 Driefontein ($3.10 Luxbet) is the favourite this year
- Only one horse in history has won the Magic Millions Classic as a maiden with Phelan Ready (2009) having started two times for two losses before their success three years ago as a $51 roughie; maidens looking to be the second this year are #16 Mrs Gray ($41 Luxbet), #17e Dear Demi ($151 Luxbet) and #18e Shamrock Slipper ($151 Luxbet)
- There are just four horses prepared by a former Magic Millions Classic winning trainer with #8 Driefontein and #14 No Looking Back (Gai Waterhouse), #7 Pure Whisper (Gillian Heinrich) and #17e Dear Demi (Clarry Conners)
- Hopefuls that will be ridden by a previous Magic Millions Classic winning jockey are #2 Amorino (Jim Cassidy), #3 Sizzling (Chris Munce), #8 Driefontein (Tommy Berry) and #12 Alezan Thunder (Michael Rodd)
- No horse has a previous start at the track and distance
- Only three have raced at the Gold Coast before with #5 Little Critter (1-0-1-0), #13 Lady Colours (1-1-0-0), and unlikely starters #18e Shamrock Slipper (1-0-1-0) and #21e Doubtfilly (1-0-0-0)
- Horses that have seen the 1200 metres are #8 Driefontein (1-1-0-0), #15 Love Laughing (1-1-0-0), #3 Sizzling (1-0-1-0), #10 Snipzu (1-0-0-1), #1 Noogoora Burr (1-0-0-0), #6 Fundido (1-0-0-0), #7 Pure Whisper (1-0-0-0), #11 Discreet (1-0-0-0) and #18e Shamrock Slipper (1-0-1-0)
- Looking at the pedigree and breeding of the Magic Millions Classic runners there are three horses with a former Magic Millions winner for a sire / dam with #4 Travino and #9 Hoss Amor (General Nediym), and #14 No Looking Back (Mirror Mirror)
Think you’ve uncovered the Magic Millions winner based on the above?
Head to Luxbet now and place your bets at Australia’s leading bookie. Remember to quote the code BONUSBET if you are signing up and depositing for the first time to have you deposit matched as a bonus bet up to $400!
2012 Magic Millions 2YO Classic Field & Form Guide
Gold Coast Race 5 – 14/01/2012
|1.||NOOGOORA BURR||David Lawlor||Ric Mc Mahon||12||57||2yoG||14||$33,000||3: 2 0 0||66.67%||66.67%||115|
|2.||AMORINO||G A Ryan||Jimmy Cassidy||8||57||2yoC||14||$62,000||2: 2 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||11|
|3.||SIZZLING||K C Wood||Chris Munce||6||57||2yoC||14||$27,333||3: 1 2 0||33.33%||100.00%||122|
|4.||TRAVINO||P N Mckay||J L Waddell||17||57||2yoC||35||$9,788||5: 3 0 1||60.00%||80.00%||53111|
|5.||LITTLE CRITTER||Tony Mcevoy||Jimmy Byrne||5||57||2yoC||7||$12,775||4: 1 2 0||25.00%||75.00%||2142|
|6.||FUNDIDO||C J Waller||Glyn Schofield||16||57||2yoC||19||$31,400||2: 1 0 0||50.00%||50.00%||15|
|7.||PURE WHISPER||Ms G Heinrich||Damian Browne||21||57||2yoC||14||$12,000||3: 1 0 0||33.33%||33.33%||149|
|8.||DRIEFONTEIN||Ms G Waterhouse||Tommy Berry||3||55||2yoF||14||$79,000||2: 2 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||11|
|9.||HOSS AMOR||J A O’shea||Brenton Avdulla||11||55||2yoF||23||$150,000||1: 1 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1|
|10.||SNIPZU||L F Birchley||Glen Colless||10||55||2yoF||14||$38,600||5: 2 1 2||40.00%||100.00%||21133|
|11.||DISCREET||K M Schweida||Craig Williams||13||55||2yoF||14||$28,667||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||216|
|12.||ALEZAN THUNDER||M A Kavanagh||Michael Rodd||9||55||2yoF||21||$24,333||3: 2 0 1||66.67%||100.00%||131|
|13.||LADY COLOURS||Bruce Hill||Paul Hammersley||15||55||2yoF||7||$26,300||4: 2 0 1||50.00%||75.00%||1431|
|14.||NO LOOKING BACK||Ms G Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||4||55||2yoF||56||$62,000||1: 1 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1|
|15.||LOVE LAUGHING||T D Hall||Mitchell Wood (a)||1||55||2yoF||21||$27,000||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||215|
|16.||MRS GRAY||D A Hayes||Corey Brown||19||55||2yoF||14||$10,733||3: 0 2 1||0.00%||100.00%||322|
|17.||DEAR DEMI||C E Conners||Not Notified||2||55||2yoF||7||$8,733||3: 0 0 1||0.00%||33.33%||434|
|18.||SHAMROCK SLIPPER||L F Birchley||Not Notified||20||55||2yoF||14||$11,333||3: 0 3 0||0.00%||100.00%||222|
|19.||ANTARCTIC DREAM||Bruce Hill||Not Notified||7||55||2yoF||14||$14,000||3: 2 0 0||66.67%||66.67%||116|
|20.||GRAND BUSINESS||N L Hilton||Not Notified||18||57||2yoC||14||$5,000||2: 0 0 1||0.00%||50.00%||37|
|21.||DOUBTFILLY||S W Kendrick||Not Notified||14||55||2yoF||7||$2,500||3: 1 0 0||33.33%||33.33%||175|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.