Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The countdown is on until the 2012 Magic Millions Classic takes place as the feature race at the Gold Coast’s BMW Magic Millions Race Day this Saturday, and in anticipation of the $2 million event below the Races.com.au team take a look at the pedigree and chances of the juveniles engaged in our exclusive Magic Millions Classic Form Guide By Breeding.
With the two-year-old races punters often have very little form to base their selections on, the youngsters in a race like the Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) being very lightly-raced.
This year the 16-starter plus five-emergency 2012 Magic Millions Classic field features just four horses that have had more than three starts, with #4 Travino (53111), #5 Little Critter (2142), #10 Snipzu (21133) and #13 Lady Colours (1431).
The shortest-priced of these in the Luxbet markets is Liam Birchley’s BJ McLachlan Stakes third palcegetter Snipzu at $16.
Many of the horses will also be seeing the track or distance for the first time, making usual form guide statistics like course records of little importance.
No two-year-old engaged for Saturday’s MM Classic has had a previous start over 1200 metres at the Gold Coast and only four have raced at the track before, #13 Lady Colours ($26) the sole Gold Coast winner.
One thing then that savvy race fans may want to look at to help guide their Magic Millions bets this year is the breeding of the Magic Millions chances to see which of the hopefuls boast the pedigree of a Magic Millions Classic winner.
By a Magic Millions Classic Winner
- #4 Travino ($51 Luxbet) and #9 Hoss Amor ($16 Luxbet) both share the sire General Nediym who won the 1997 Magic Millions Classic
- Since their success General Nediym has sired two subsequent MM Classic champions with Regimental Gal (2003) and Military Rose (2010)
By a Former Magic Millions Classic Winning Sire
Along with #4 Travino and #9 Hoss Amor (General Nediym) other chances in the 2012 Magic Millions Classic that are by a former Magic Millions winning sire are:
- #11 Discreet ($26 Luxbet) – their sire Show A Heart also produced 2007 Magic Millions Classic winner Mimi Lebrock (Show A Heart – God Love It)
- #14 No Looking Back ($14 Luxbet) – their sire Redotue’s Choice fathered 2005 Magic Millions Classic winner Bradbury’s Luck (Redoute’s Choice-Skating)
- #16e Dear Demi ($31 Luxbet) – their sire Dehere sired 2006 Magic Millions Classic winner Mirror Mirror (Dehere-Fairy Vanity)
- #21e Doubtfilly ($81 Luxbet) – their sire Not A Single Doubt won the race last year with 2011 Magic Millions Classic winner Karuta Queen (Not A Single Doubt-Card Queen)
By a Magic Millions Classic Placegetter
- #2 Amorino ($6.50 Luxbet) and #3 Sizzling ($3.40 Luxbet) share the sire Snitzel who famously went down when third to Bradbury’s Luck as the beaten favourite in the 2005 Magic Millions Classic
- #16 Mrs Gray ($31 Luxbet) is sired by Husson Lightning who finished a short-neck away second to Mimi Lebrock in the 2007 MM Classic
- #21e Doubtfilly ($81 Luxbet) – her sire Not A Single Doubt finished under a length away runner-up to Gai Waterhouse’s third and most recent Magic Millions Classic winner Dance Hero in 2004
From A Magic Millions Classic Winner
- #14 No Looking Back ($14 Luxbet) is the sole runner in this year’s Magic Millions Classic whose dam (mother) won the race with Mirror Mirror taking out the 2006 edition for trainer Bart Cummings
From a Mare Sired By a Former Magic Millions Winning Sire
The last line of pedigree we think is worth noting is the Magic Millions Classic 2012 horses whose broodmare’s sire has sired a former Magic Millions Classic winner:
- #1 Noogoora Burr ($21 Luxbet) – their dam is Marscay mare Azalea, Marscay sired 2001 MM Classic winner Excellerator (Marscay-Artless)
- #3 Sizzling ($3.40 Luxbet) – Sizzling’s mother is General Nediym mare Admirelle, as mentioned above not only did General Nediym win the 2007 MM Classic but he also sired two winners
- #11 Discreet ($26 Luxbet) – Discreet is from Danzero mare Lady Danzero, Danzero sired 2004 MM Classic winner Dance Hero
- #14 No Looking Back ($14 Luxbet) – No Looking Back is from 2007 Magic Millions winner Mirror Mirror, meaning their broodmare’s sire Dehere obviously sired a former champion in the race!
Based on the above, horses that drip Magic Millions potential pedigree-wise that the Races.com.au think are worth a bet on through Luxbet are Sizzling and No Looking Back.
Sizzling has firmed in from $3.80 to $3.40 through Luxbet, but no longer hold favouritism as the ideal barrier three draw to Gai Waterhouse’s unbeaten filly Driefontein has seen a surge of money on her winding her price right in from $3.60 to $3.10.
Meanwhile Waterhouse’s other runner No Looking Back is at juicy odds of $14 through Luxbet, the filly one of two MM Classic contenders this year along with Hoss Amor out to defy history and become the first MM Classic winner to take out the race at just their second start.
Stay tuned for more of the Races.com.au exclusive Magic Millions form guide previews.
In the meantime, access all the best Gold Coast racing odds for this Saturday by opening an account with Luxbet, the online bookie handing out $400 bonus bets to new customers that deposit and quote BONUSBET this summer!
2012 Magic Millions 2YO Classic Field & Pedigree
|1||NOOGOORA BURR||Royal Academy (USA)||Azalea (AUS)||Marscay (AUS)|
|2||AMORINO||Snitzel(AUS)||Steal My Love (AUS)||Marauding (NZ)|
|3||SIZZLING||Snitzel (AUS)||Admirelle (AUS)||General Nediym (AUS)|
|4||TRAVINO||General Nediym (AUS)||Miss Keaton (AUS)||Rubiton (AUS)|
|5||LITTLE CRITTER||Court Command (AUS)||Gotha (AUS)||Rustic Amber (IRE)|
|6||FUNDIDO||Lonhro (AUS)||Red Fever (AUS)||Red Ransom (USA)|
|7||PURE WHISPER||Purrealist (AUS)||Quiet Name (IRE)||Danehill (USA)|
|8||DRIEFONTEIN||Fastnet Rock (AUS)||Follow Gold (AUS)||Export Price (FR)|
|9||HOSS AMOR||General Nediym (AUS)||With Love (AUS)||Favorite Trick (USA)|
|10||SNIPZU||Snippetson (AUS)||Pilgrim (AUS)||Danehill (USA)|
|11||DISCREET||Show A Heart (AUS)||Lady Danzero (AUS)||Danzero (AUS)|
|12||ALEZAN THUNDER||Written Tycoon (AUS)||Elysian Thunder (AUS)||Thunder Gulch (USA)|
|13||LADY COLOURS||Red Dazzler (AUS)||Rainbow Joy (AUS)||Spectrum (IRE)|
|14||NO LOOKING BACK||Redoute’s Choice (AUS)||Mirror Mirror (AUS)||Dehere (AUS)|
|15||LOVE LAUGHING||Falvelon (AUS)||Davone Pheroz (AUS)||Sea Road (AUS)|
|16||MRS GRAY||Husson Lightning (AUS)||Body Corporate (AUS)||Second Empire (IRE)|
|17e||DEAR DEMI||Dehere (USA)||Shirley (AUS)||Zabeel (NZ)|
|18e||SHAMROCK SLIPPER||Jet Spur (USA)||Scattered (AUS)||Tale Of The Cat (USA)|
|19e||ANTARCTIC DREAM||Southern Image (USA)||Groundless Threats (NZ)||Clay Hero (AUS)|
|20e||GRAND BUSINESS||All Bar One (AUS)||Croft (AUS)||Octagonal (NZ)|
|21e||DOUBTFILLY||Not A Single Doubt (AUS)||Aussie Enchantee (AUS)||Alhaarth (IRE)|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.