Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This is it, punters’ final chance to back a Group 1 winner in Australia for the year happens at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday with the Kingston Town Classic 2011, and to ensure you see out the end of elite level racing on a high below the Races.com.au crew have the best Kingston Town Classic form guide analysis and betting preview.
A top-class field of 14 gallopers are set to face off in the $500,000 Group 1 GR Engineering Kingston Town Classic (1800m) this year, the showdown scheduled to run as Ascot Race 7 at 4:00pm (Perth time) on Saturday afternoon.
It is a truly intriguing field full of exciting prospects, four of which are at single figures in the Luxbet Kingston Town Classic odds.
Railway Stakes winner Luckygray is the current $3 favourite despite having drawn barrier 14 of 14.
They are followed in the markets by the ideally-drawn Ranger ($3.70) in gate three who ran fifth in the classic last year, WA Guineas winner King Saul ($5) looking to become the second horse in as many years to win the Guineas – Kingston Town double and in-form mare Tranquility ($8.50).
Throw into the mix reigning Kingston Town Classic winner Playing God ($16), a provincial Cups king in Kincaple ($10), Melbourne mare Avienus ($20) and the David Hayes-trained raider Spacecraft ($35) and the Kingston Town Classic becomes an even more interesting race on paper.
So to help you lock in the winning Kingston Town Classic trifecta at Luxbet on Saturday, we have done a detailed field and form guide analysis going over all the essential facts and stats on this time-honoured feature.
Kingston Town Classic Form Guide & Betting Facts
- Last year’s winner Playing God came via wins in the WA Guineas and Aquanita Stakes, and jumped from barrier eight with Steven Parnham aboard.
- #10 Playing God ($16 Luxbet) returns on Saturday draw ideally in barrier five, Steve Parnham retaining the ride as the horse looks to become the fifth in history to win multiple editions of the race, the first since Niconero (2006 & 2008)
- Barrier eight this year is taken by #5 Mega Steel ($101 Luxbet)
- #14 King Saul ($5 Luxbet) is out to emulate Playing God from 12 months ago, the three-year-old having won this year’s edition of the WA Guineas
- As a three-year-old it is an interesting record King Saul is looking to add to as Playing God was just the sixth 3YO in the past 24 years to win, prior to that the youngsters enjoyed a purple patch with eight from 11 winning the classic
- Along with King Saul the other last-start winner in the field is #11 Luckygray ($3 Luxbet favourite), coming off a protest win in the Railway Stakes
- #11 Luckygray also boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 77.58%, they are followed by #14 King Saul (75.00%) and then #2 Lords Ransom (40.91%)
- The most consistent Place percentages belong to #11 Luckygray (88.89%), #14 King Saul (75%) and #6 Ranger (70.59%)
- Mares have a poor record in the Kingston Town, only three saluting in the past three decades making the task a tough one on Saturday for #12 Avienus ($20 Luxbet) and #13 Tranquility ($8.50 Luxbet)
- Geldings have won a dominating nine of the past 10 Kingston Towns, the only non-gelding along with the two mares this year is defending champ #10 Playing God ($16 Luxbet)
- Recently six-year-olds have ruled with four winning in the past decade; there are four 6YO’s racing this year with #5 Mega Steel ($101 Luxbet), #8 Kincaple ($10 Luxbet), #9 Big Ted ($151 Luxbet) and #12 Avienus ($20 Luxbet)
- Horses that have won over the Track & Distance previously are #10 Playing God (2-2-0-0) and #13 Tranquility (2-1-0-0), while others with a decent record over the 1800 metres at Ascot are #9 Big Ted (3-0-1-0), #6 Ranger (2-0-0-1) and #5 Mega Steel (3-0-1-1)
- Behind #11 Luckygray who has won six of their eight starts at the track and placed second in another, the best Ascot Track records belong to #1 Hadabeclorka (25-7-2-1), #2 Lords Ransom (8-3-0-0), #3 Wolfe Dreams (16-5-4-1), #6 Ranger (14-4-2-3), #9 Big Ted (18-4-4-2) and #10 Playing God (10-5-3-0)
- Over the distance proven performers are #10 Playing God (3-2-0-0), #8 Kincaple (1-0-1-0), #9 Big Ted (3-0-1-0), #5 Mega Steel (3-0-1-1), #7 Spacecraft (1-0-0-1), #6 Ranger (2-0-0-1) and #4 Battle Emblem (3-0-0-1)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our expert Kingston Town Classic 2011 tips to be published shortly.
Already got your selections and want to back them at the best price now? Head straight to Luxbet where punters have access to the best racing odds all day every day, and if you are a first-time depositing customer at Australia’s leading bookie make sure you quote the promo code BONUSBET to be instantly credited with a bonus bet valued up to $400!
2011 Kingston Town Classic Field & Form Guide
Ascot Race 7 – 03/12/2011
|1.||HADABECLORKA||B R Larsson||G L Smith||13||59||10yo||14||$19,485||45: 9 6 5||20.00%||44.44%||645×94|
|2.||LORDS RANSOM||Grant Williams||Jason Whiting||6||59||8yoG||14||$32,835||22: 9 0 2||40.91%||50.00%||x0x979|
|3.||WOLFE DREAMS||S J Wolfe||Peter Hall||9||59||5yoG||14||$19,714||26: 6 5 2||23.08%||50.00%||x79894|
|4.||BATTLE EMBLEM||Grant Williams||Kyra Yuill (a)||1||59||8yoG||14||$9,864||47: 9 7 6||19.15%||46.81%||283280|
|5.||MEGA STEEL||B A Mcclune||Jarrad Noske||8||59||6yoG||14||$10,627||38: 7 10 5||18.42%||57.89%||153230|
|6.||RANGER||Grant Williams||William Pike||3||59||5yoG||14||$23,897||17: 6 2 4||35.29%||70.59%||0x1116|
|7.||SPACECRAFT||D A Hayes||Peter Knuckey||7||59||5yoG||14||$14,568||23: 5 1 3||21.74%||39.13%||x48048|
|8.||KINCAPLE||M B Reed||Troy Turner||12||59||6yoG||14||$13,233||24: 7 6 3||29.17%||66.67%||211217|
|9.||BIG TED||Ivan Haggerty||Jason Brown||2||59||6yoG||14||$6,878||27: 5 5 3||18.52%||48.15%||x23640|
|10.||PLAYING GOD||N D Parnham||Steven Parnham||5||58.5||4yoH||14||$51,163||21: 6 4 4||28.57%||66.67%||453600|
|11.||LUCKYGRAY||G P Poletti||Shaun O’Donnell||14||58.5||4yoG||14||$97,347||9: 7 1 0||77.78%||88.89%||2×1111|
|12.||AVIENUS||M C Webb||Brad Rawiller||4||57||6yoM||14||$15,979||34: 5 7 2||14.71%||41.18%||922040|
|13.||TRANQUILITY||Grant Williams||Paul Harvey||11||57||5yoM||14||$12,997||16: 3 4 2||18.75%||56.25%||x34325|
|14.||KING SAUL||T M Andrews||Glyn Schofield||10||52||3yoG||14||$84,163||4: 3 0 0||75.00%||75.00%||1×141|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.