2011 Japan Cup form – trainers’ final say

The trainers of all of today’s 2011 Japan Cup hopefuls have had their say.

The $6.5m Group 1 (2400m) will be run at 5.20pm (Aust EST).

Australian jockey Craig Williams is on Luxbet $8 chance Tosen Jordan and is hoping to be the 2011 Japan Cup winner for the first time.

Here is the best 2011 Japan Cup form you will find. It is straight from the 2011 Japan Cup  trainers’ mouths.

German galloper Danedream remains the 2011 Japan Cup favourite on $3.70 with Luxbet

1. Jaguar Mail, jockey (H Shii).

Atsunori Hashimoto, assistant trainer says

“He wasn’t even able to get his breath in the Tenno Sho and was carried off by the pace from the start. It was just too fast and I think that was rough for him. Still, he was able to quicken in the finish. He didn’t seem to have suffered from the race as much as it looked like he would. We’ve been working again from the 13th and things have gone according to plan. He doesn’t seem to have lost strength and looks to be in the same condition as he was last year. He likes the more distance he can get. We’ve been working him pretty hard. He’s ready to run and I have expectations for him.” Luxbet $41

2. Buena Vista  (Y Iwata)

Hiroyoshi Matsuda, trainer says

“Her weight was down from the previous race in the Tenno Sho but she didn’t look well-toned. Till now she had always gotten in top shape herself for the first race after a layoff but this fall she is a 5-year-old and, well, age is a factor. When she came back to the training center she was heavier than usual but that can’t be helped. In the Tenno Sho straight the inside was open and then it closed up right before the finish. That’s racing. I think to have finished fourth under those conditions was pretty good. She put in a good race. Since then we’ve given her a lot of work and she’s handled it well. She’s gotten more powerful and faster. Last time out, even though she’d worked well, she’d unfortunately stayed heavy. This time she is far better. After the Japan Cup there was the loss by a nose in the Arima Kinen and after that we seemed to be jinxed even though she has run well. We’ve got this race and then the Arima for this year. First of all, I want her to run safely and then I am hoping for some good results.” Luxbet $5.50

3. Rose Kingdom (I Mendizabal)

Kojiro Hashiguchi, trainer says

“Just like in the Kyoto Daishoten, I had no complaints regarding his condition for the Tenno Sho. He didn’t quicken as well as he could have but I think that was a result of his getting caught up in the high pace. Luckily, he came out of the race fine and we have been able to work as we always have. Last year in the Japan Cup he was carrying 55 kg and he was able to accelerate to his fullest. That weight may have been ideal for him. This time he’ll be carrying 57 kg, 1 kg less than he was carrying in the Tenno Sho so that will be good. At the very least we want a fast track. The field is strong but I hope he can be among the top finishers.”  Luxbet $16

4. Oken Bruce Lee, (M Ebina)

Hidetaka Otonashi, trainer says

“The winner in the Copa Republica Argentina was able to save a lot for the finish. Our horse did well but I think the difference in the weight he was carrying made the difference in the end. It’s unfortunate. I think he was not at his best in last year’s Japan Cup but this year I’d say he’s back in form. Maybe age will be a factor but two years ago he was only a nose off Vodka. I think he can still give us that kind of race.” Luxbet $26

5. Trailblazer (Y Take)

Yasutoshi Ikee, trainer says

“He’d had 1 kg more to carry from the Meguro Kinen and I’d been concerned about that. But last time out, he won more easily than I’d ever imagined he could. Since we just raced him we’ve only given him light work. He wasn’t tired so we’ve been working him up the hill course. This week we pushed him a bit and it should be enough. He can take the going even if the ground is rough. But, he’s not that competitive if it comes down to who has the best kick. So we plan to keep him up front and on the pace and make our move early.” Luxbet $31

6. To the Glory (Y Fukunaga)

Yasutoshi Ikee, trainer says

“He was trying to deal with the high pace from an outside draw in the Tenno Sho and when he hit the hill in the stretch it was tough for him and he hung in. But he still pushed on and really showed the kind of ability he has. Since then he has improved dramatically. Of my three horses, he has shown the most improvement. As long as the pace in the race isn’t really slow I think he can do well. He has what it takes to win a G1.” Luxbet $21

7 Pelusa (N Yokoyama)

Kazuo Fujisawa, trainer says

“He gave me exactly what I asked for in work this week and he has relaxed after being given the sharpener. Recently, we haven’t had to do any gate practice with him and he’s broken well in his last couple races. If you compare him to how he was in the spring, he is much calmer and not agitated before work in the mornings. He has muscled up well as he has matured and I think he has come along well. Last year he was applauded just for making the break well. But he won’t get the same applause for doing the same this year. I’ll try to do my best to see that he gets a round of applause for being out in front in the stretch.” Luxbet $10

8 Victoire Pisa (M Demuro)

Katsuhiko Sumii, trainer says

“For his final workout, he was already in good shape so I just wanted to see his responses in the finish and this is what I told the jockey. He responded very well and Demuro agreed. We’ve done all there is to be done at this point. The field is strong and it’s the kind of race that decides the top horse in the world. I would have liked to race him once before this but he is in good shape. He doesn’t mind if the ground is torn up, it’ll be OK. And Demuro has a good handle on this horse’s quirks and style.” Luxbet $12

9 Sarah Linx (C Soumillon)

John Hammond, trainer says

“I’m very happy with her condition and how she’s been prepared for the race. Tomorrow, she’ll do a slow jog on the track. Depending on how she pulls up from the Japan Cup, we might take her to Hong Kong.” Luxbet $17

10 King Top Gun (K Tosaki)

Ippo Sameshima, trainer says

“We thought we’d take a chance in the Sapporo Kinen and take the lead but we’d never had those kind of results before (12th place). So we took it more easily last time out. He was sixth and the going was good on the outside, but it was also good on the inside. Carrying 56 kg, I’d say it wasn’t a bad race. There weren’t many days until this race so we worked him up the hill. His time was slow but the ground was torn up at the time so I think it was OK. Things are going according to plan. As you could see from his bodyweight last time he was lean but I don’t think he had enough muscle. But I think that race will serve as a good sharpener. He has a lot of power so I hope we can get ground that requires a lot of power and that that will work in his favor.” Luxbet $101

11 Mission Approved (J Espinoza)

Naipaul Chatterpaul, trainer says

“He’s in great condition and I’m happy with him. Our horse likes a firm track, so if the weather stays the same tomorrow, I think we have a good chance. We’ve done everything that has to be done, so we’ll just hope for the best.” Luxbet $71

12 Win Variation (K Ando)

Yoshikazu Nakayama, assistant trainer says

“He kept his eye on Orfevre going around last time out and that’s why we wanted to stay to the inside. The field spread out lengthwise and a lot of horses tired. But he moved up to overtake others and the results just couldn’t be helped. He quickened well in the straight. It was just the way things panned out that led to his loss. He has gotten stronger from the autumn and recovers quickly from a race. He handles what we give him and has turned in good times. He has been up against one huge standout horse but he does have the power to take a big title himself. He’ll be up against older horses this time. We’ll just have to see how well he rates against them.” Luxbet $19

13 Danedream (A Starke)

Peter Schiergen, trainer says

“Her condition is great and I think she looks good. I’m not worried about anything. It looks like the weather is going to be fine tomorrow, which means the turf will be in good condition, so we’re all looking forward to the race. I’m aware that there will be an enormous crowd tomorrow, but it won’t affect our filly. She really hates to lose so she’ll probably show us a strong performance. We’ll hand walk her around the stables tomorrow.” Luxbet $3.70

14 Shareta (C Lemaire)

Alain de Royer-Dupre, trainer says

“She has lost a bit of weight since she was in France, but it doesn’t surprise me at all since she’s traveled a long way. Anyway her condition is improving. She prefers a fast track and the long stretch here will suit her. She can handle any kind of pace, so I’m going to let our jockey ride her the way he thinks fit.” Luxbet $16

15 Eishin Flash (K Ikezoe)

Hideaki Fujiwara, trainer says

“He has the same racing style as Orfevre and having Ikezoe ride him is a real confidence boost. The world’s top fillies are going to have the advantage of the weight allowance but if he can give us what he is capable of giving us, then he can give us results.” Luxbet $19

16 Tosen Jordan (C Williams)

Yasutoshi Ikee, trainer says

“I was a little uneasy about the Tenno Sho turning into a speed race and then the pacesetter went off at such a blistering pace that he had to use a lot just to keep up. So the results were that it was a trip that required a lot of stamina and that was tough. Still, he recovered quickly. And he didn’t show any aftereffects that I had been worrying about. He’s maintained good condition. He’s been quickening well in work in tandem with To the Glory and I think he’s running even better than before. Last time out it’d been the first time back after a two-month layoff. I think we can expect him to be in even better shape. Mentally, he’s more eager to run than he had been and I think the extra distance will be a plus.” Luxbet $8

Get a big bank for the Japan Cup. Luxbet will match your initial deposit up to $400. That’s right you put $400 in and you have $800 to gamble. Quote the code BONUSBET and follow the sign on procedure. It only takes a few minutes. Read or ask about conditions and you will be on a winner with Luxbet