Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
While Sydney racing fans are sweating on whether the Canterbury racing program this Saturday will go ahead, heavy rainfall predicted to hit the already Heavy (9) track overnight, the Races.com.au team are optimistic the day will proceed as planned doing the form and providing our tips below on the meeting’s key event, the 2011 Frank Underwood Cup.
Scheduled to run as Canterbury Race 6 at 4:20pm (local time) tomorrow, the $100,000 Listed Frank Underwood Cup (1900m) field currently features 11 remaining hopefuls following the early scratchings of #4 Miss Keepsake (8) and #9 Teardrop Rock (10).
Last year’s Queensland Oaks winner, when prepared in New Zealand by Andrew Scott, Miss Keepsake joined Joe Pride at his Warwick Farm stables at the start of the year but has failed to win in her 12 starts for her new trainer.
Pride indicated earlier this week that she was a doubtful starter due to the weather and track conditions in Sydney making her official scratching no surprise.
“I doubt very much she’ll run on the weekend, it’ll be too wet for her,” he said.
Miss Keepsake was one of the early favourites for the staying showdown, paying $5.50 as the equal favourite with #10 Zara Dancer and #12 Yulalona at the time of her withdrawal from the field and Luxbet markets.
With a wide open Frank Underwood Cup betting market, four of the 11 horses still in contention under $10 in the odds and another five under $20, below we have a good look at the field and form to uncover the best bets to make.
2011 Frank Underwood Cup Form Guide Analysis
- There is only one last-start winner in the field with #2 Strike One ($8 Luxbet) coming off a victory over the distance (1900m) at Rosehill on November 12
- The horse backing up from the shortest turnaround is #8 Scottish Border ($14 Luxbet) who ran a close second in the Goulburn Cup (1600m) on November 18
- Three horses come off a break of 20 days or more with #1 Solid Billing ($51 Luxbet), #5 Count Encosta ($10 Luxbet) and #12 Yulalona ($5.50 Luxbet)
- #12 Yulalona is equal favourite in the markets, they have never won first-up but have run two minor placings from their three first-up attempts to date
- #12 Yulalona also boasts the highest Win Rate of the field (28.57%) followed by #13 Tom’s Rocket (25.00%)
- The best Place Rates belong to #3 Legsman (66.67%) and #2 Strike One (53.66%)
- Horses that have run and won over the Track & Distance previously are #2 Strike One (2-2-0-0) and #3 Legsman (4-3-1-0), while #7 Gazza Guru has twice run over 1900m at Canterbury running a close second in their first attempt back in March but failing last-start when 11th to Strike One a fortnight ago
- Perhaps the most important Frank Underwood Cup Form Guide statistics punters need to consider this year is the wet track form of the runners; horses with form on Heavy tracks to back are #1 Solid Billing (3-0-1-2), #2 Strike One (8-1-2-1), #3 Legsman (2-0-1-0), #7 Gaza Guru (3-1-1-0), #8 Scottish Border (3-1-0-1), #11 Levi’s Choice (2-0-1-1) and #12 Yulalona (4-1-1-1)
Races.com.au Frank Underwood Cup Tip 2011
- #2 Strike One from #3 Legsman, #12 Yulalona and #7 Gaza Guru – Bet now at Luxbet
Based on the above the Races.com.au team are tipping the Chris Waller-trained Strike One to claim an upset Frank Underwood Cup result, so long as jockey Glyn Schofield can get them off the rails from their inside draw, and maintain their flawless record at the track and distance.
Also able to handle the heavy conditions, for the placings we fancy Legsman and Yulalona, while Gaza Guru makes a nice First Four inclusion.
To lock in our Frank Underwood Cup tips, or back your own selections, at the best odds in the country, head to Luxbet.
2011 Frank Underwood Cup Field & Form Guide
Canterbury Race 6 – 26/11/2011
|1.||SOLID BILLING||C E Ritchie||Jay Ford||9||57||7yoG||23||$6,980||42: 7 3 6||16.67%||38.10%||003×00|
|2.||STRIKE ONE||C J Waller||Glyn Schofield||1||56.5||8yoG||14||$10,327||41: 8 9 5||19.51%||53.66%||6743×1|
|3.||LEGSMAN||J A O’shea||Josh Adams (a)||2||54.5||6yoG||14||$9,741||27: 5 7 6||18.52%||66.67%||41×785|
|4.||MISS KEEPSAKE||Joseph Pride||Not Notified||8||53||5yoM||7||$17,133||23: 4 3 4||17.39%||47.83%||x34325|
|5.||COUNT ENCOSTA||John Thompson||Brenton Avdulla||6||53||5yoG||21||$9,099||25: 3 1 1||12.00%||20.00%||30×846|
|6.||BARLAGARNEY||G A Rogerson||Tommy Berry||5||53||8yoG||14||$9,415||37: 6 3 6||16.22%||40.54%||390×80|
|7.||GAZZA GURU||S Farley||Jeff Penza||3||53||7yoG||14||$4,604||56: 6 8 7||10.71%||37.50%||133330|
|8.||SCOTTISH BORDER||G L Frazer||Matthew Cahill||7||53||5yoG||8||$10,866||24: 4 3 5||16.67%||50.00%||00×602|
|9.||TEARDROP ROCK||Ms G Waterhouse||Nathan Berry||10||53||4yoM||21||$17,577||11: 5 2 1||45.45%||72.73%||3×0170|
|10.||ZARA DANCER||J and G Lee||Adam Hyeronimus (a)||11||53||5yoG||14||$3,161||21: 3 2 3||14.29%||38.10%||375644|
|11.||LEVI’S CHOICE||John Thompson||Christian Reith||13||53||4yoG||14||$5,803||18: 1 3 4||5.56%||44.44%||903272|
|12.||YULALONA||Peter Snowden||Corey Brown||4||53||4yoG||23||$14,093||14: 4 2 1||28.57%||50.00%||514×96|
|13.||TOM’S ROCKET||Joseph Pride||Kathy O’Hara||12||53||5yoG||14||$6,705||20: 5 3 2||25.00%||50.00%||3×1565|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.