Punters and race fans are in for a treat at Perth’s premier racing venue Ascot on Saturday with a huge 10-race program running for Railway Stakes Day, one of the top events to enjoy a bet on being the 2011 Tattersall’s Cup, the odds and exclusive tips for which can be found below.
Running as Ascot Race 5 at 1:45pm (local time), the $80,000 Listed Tattersall’s Cup (2100m) features a crack capacity field of 14 starters plus two emergencies.
Sitting at the top of the Tattersall’s Cup odds at Luxbet is #14 Western Jewel, Grant Williams’ always honest Jeune mare paying $4.80 to score her seventh career win.
Drawn in barrier seven on the 53kg minimum, five-year-old Western Jewel comes off a game sixth beaten only three lengths by 2011 Railway Stakes runner Rocky Range in the Listed Ascot Gold Cup (1800m) on November 5 and getting back up to the 2100 metres punters can expect to see improvement.
There are five other 2011 Tattersall’s Cup hopefuls at single-figures in the markets with:
- #12 Saint Encosta ($6 Luxbet) – Early money coming in for John Thompson’s Sydney visitor, the well-bred Encosta De Lago gelding having been disappointing this season and unable to win since March, but expected to be a dominant force against an easier class of rivals here
- #5 Gum Nut Guru ($7 Luxbet) – Very nice form this prep from a 42-start veteran, won over the Ascot mile on October 22, finished second in the Ascot Gold Cup two starts back and comes off a third carrying a huge weight, back to the 53kg minimum become a real stand out
- #7 Knightlike ($7 Luxbet) – Another from the stalbes of Grant Williams, out of form when beating home only one other runner in the Gold Cup, getting back up to their preferred distance and hope is that they return to their excellent winter form at Belmont Park last season when they won four from five
- #13 Senhor Da Gama ($8 Luxbet) – Last-start second beaten a nose over this track and distance, drop back from 58kg for that to 53kg and have the gun draw in barrier two – Genuine Upset Chance
- #1 God Has Spoken ($8.50 Luxbet) – One of the rank horses in this field but they need to improve on their recent runs, Parnham knows this multiple Group winner well and while there are still queries over their liking of Ascot the distance is ideal
Two longer-priced contenders that the Races.com.au crew believe are worth a look in are:
- #4 Double Barrel ($16 Luxbet) – Forget the Ascot Gold Cup 11th, was a decent run from a bad gate and they were only beaten four and a half lengths, before that the posted a close third at Ascot over 2100 metres, ran third in this race last year and are a consistent force at juicy odds
- #9 Manila I Scream ($10 Luxbet) Adam Durrant’s six-year-old mare has good form at the track and distance, or going up to 2200m, is probably just off some of these class-wise but makes a good Place Bet
Based on the above markets and having studied the Tattersall’s Cup form guide the Races.com.au are tipping an upset result and have Gum Nut Guru rated special to win.
Adding more value to the our Tattersall’s Cup Trifecta prediction, we fancy Senhor Da Gama from their gate to get home second just ahead of the favourite Western Jewel.
For First Four bets Double Barrel looks a treat, can they nudge out the favourite to finish third even?
Races.com.au’s Tattersall’s Cup Tip 2011
- #5 Gum Nut Guru from #13 Senhor Da Gama, #14 Western Jewel and #4 Double Barrel – Bet now at Luxbet
Fancy our Tattersall’s Cup selections, or have your own picks and want to lock them in at the hottest odds?
Jump on the generous prices and take advantage of the exclusive summer betting promos open right now at Luxbet by joining this ace online bookmaker, depositing and quoting the code BONUSBET to unlock your $400 bonus bet!
2011 Tattersall’s Cup Field & Odds
Ascot Race 5 – 19/11/2011
|1||GOD HAS SPOKEN (5)||8.50 Luxbet|
|2||GUEST WING (14)||21.00 Luxbet|
|3||SUNRANGE (9)||26.00 Luxbet|
|4||DOUBLE BARREL (8)||16.00 Luxbet|
|5||GUM NUT GURU (12)||7.00 Luxbet|
|6||INSURGENCY (3)||26.00 Luxbet|
|7||KNIGHTLIKE (16)||7.00 Luxbet|
|8||MALAIKA (6)||15.00 Luxbet|
|9||MANILA I SCREAM (1)||10.00 Luxbet|
|10||NEW SPICE (15)||61.00 Luxbet|
|11||PEGS PRIDE (13)||15.00 Luxbet|
|12||SAINT ENCOSTA (11)||6.00 Luxbet|
|13||SENHOR DA GAMA (2)||8.00 Luxbet|
|14||WESTERN JEWEL (7)||4.80 Luxbet|
|15e||IT’S JUDGEMENT DAY (4)||151.00 Luxbet|
|16e||BIG JOSH (10)||51.00 Luxbet|
*Fixed Win Odds provided by Luxbet and subject to change