Tomorrow a bumper raceday will take place at Ascot for the first major Festival of Perth Racing meeting, one of the six black-type races on the card being the $80,000 Listed Carbine Club of WA Stakes (1400m) and below we take a look at the latest odds and provide our insider tips on this great handicap.
Due to jump at 1:05pm (local time) as Ascot Race 4, the 2011 Carbine Club of WA Stakes kicks off black-type racing for Railway Stakes Day and favourite of the nine-horse field at our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet is #4 Philby.
Drawn ideally in barrier five, giving ace hoop William Pike plenty of options, the George Daly-trained Philby sits at the top of the Carbine Club of WA Stakes odds at a quote of $2.60.
A winner of seven of their 27 career starts to date the Bletchley Park six-year-old comes off an encouraging fourth when carrying a hefty 59kg behind Saturday’s 2011 Railway Stakes favourite Ranger in the Group 2 Lee Steere Stakes (1400m), and dropping back to 54.5kg become a serious contender.
It is a wide open betting market for the race at Luxbet this year with four other runners at single figures in the markets:
- #5 Bridgestone ($4.20 Luxbet) – Runner-up in in the Group 1 WATC Derby (2400m) last year, distance may be a little short for Neville Parnham’s Pentire five-year-old, but they have been in great form of late running third in their last two starts – A good Place Bet at Luxbet
- #2 Grey Monarch ($5 Luxbet) – Veteran seven-year-old comes off a close third to Railway Stakes hopeful Westriver Kevydonn in the Group 3 RJ Peters Stakes (1500m) last Saturday, have a bigger weight but are a class galloper with the rails run from gate one. Each Way Chance at Luxbet.
- #3 Our Ol’ Fella ($7. 50 Luxbet) – First emergency for the Railway, but if they run in this will be competitive from gate three, well weighted and distance looks ideal. One to Watch at Luxbet.
- #6 Dempsey ($9.50 Luxbet) – Parnham’s Flying Spur five-year-old resumes after a lengthy spell last seen running 11th in the Winter Championship Final at Belmont Park, have never won first-up and the mile would be better, still their Track Record (7-3-2-1) and Distance Record (10-4-0-0) are good and they have won three of their four starts over the Track & Distance. Don’t Discount at Luxbet.
Races.com.au Carbine Club of WA Stakes Tip
- #4 Philby from #2 Grey Monarch #3 Our Ol Fella and #6 Dempsey – Bet now at Luxbet
To back our selections for Ascot Race 4 tomorrow at the best prices visit Luxbet now and open your new account with Australia’s leading online bookmaker quoting the code BONUSBET when you make your first deposit to also receive a bonus bet valued up to $400!
2011 Carbine Club of WA Stakes Odds
Ascot Race 4 – 19/11/2011
|1||WOLFE DREAMS (9)||19.00 Luxbet|
|2||GREY MONARCH (1)||5.00 Luxbet|
|3||OUR OL’ FELLA (3)||7.50 Luxbet|
|4||PHILBY (5)||2.60 Luxbet|
|5||BRIDGESTONE (7)||4.20 Luxbet|
|6||DEMPSEY (6)||9.50 Luxbet|
|7||DOC MARSHALL (2)||51.00 Luxbet|
|8||GENERAL ALBERT (8)||26.00 Luxbet|
|9||KENS DOUBLE (4)||21.00 Luxbet|
*Odds are Fixed Win & subject to change – see Luxbet for updates and to bet now!