Tony Vasil’s progressive four-year-old Under The Eiffel has opened at the top of the markets for the Sandown Stakes 2011 this Saturday, big money bets continuing to roll in for the horse Races.com.au are tipping to win.
Registered this year as The Alannah & Madeline Foundation Stakes, the $125,000 Group 3 Sandown Stakes (1500m) features 11 middle-distance gallopers with Mossman gelding Under The Eiffel the firming favourite.
Unbeaten this season with two wins from as many starts, Under The Eiffel was last seen taking out the 7 News Plate (1400m) at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day carrying 59kg.
They drop to just 54kg for Saturday, have the talented Craig Williams in the saddle and the punters are certainly coming for them in the Sandown Stakes odds at Luxbet with Under The Eiffel firming in from $2.90 to $2.70 in the past 24 hours.
Two of their rivals are also at single-figures with Peter Snowden’s Lonhro five-year-old Launay ($3.70 out to $4) and veteran campaigner Rockpecker ($9).
2011 Sandown Stakes Odds
|1||Here De Angels (3)||31.00 Luxbet|
|2||Largo Lad (4)||15.00 Luxbet|
|3||Orbit Express (6)||21.00 Luxbet|
|4||Launay (7)||4.00 Luxbet|
|5||Sistine Angel (5)||10.00 Luxbet|
|6||Rockpecker (1)||9.00 Luxbet|
|7||Jungle Ruler (8)||13.00 Luxbet|
|8||Nine Tales (10)||11.00 Luxbet|
|9||Under The Eiffel (9)||2.70 Luxbet|
|10||The Big Steel (2)||26.00 Luxbet|
|11||Set The Course (11)||51.00 Luxbet|
2011 Sandown Stakes Form Guide Facts
So why do Races.com.au team have Under The Eiffel rated special to win the Sandown Stakes on Saturday? Are we simply following the money trail, or does the form on this runner stack up.
See below for our comprehensive 2011 Sandown Stakes field and form guide analysis revealing the essential facts you need to know before placing your bets at Luxbet:
- Last year’s winner Larry’s Never Late won the race first-up after a five month break and jumped from barrier nine of 10; this year #10 The Big Steel ($26 Luxbet) runs in the Sandown Stakes first-up after a six month spell and #9 Under The Eiffel ($2.70 Luxbet) has drawn barrier nine
- The Big Steel has never won first up but from their four attempts have run two third placings
- One for the superstitious punters: Horse No. 5 Sistine Angel ($10 Luxbet) is drawn in barrier five, Horse No. 9 Under The Eiffel ($2.70 Luxbet) is drawn in barrier nine and Horse No. 11 Set The Course ($51 Luxbet) is drawn in barrier 11
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #11 Set The Course with 42.86%, followed by #9 Under The Eiffel (38.46%), #4 Launay (33.33%) and #10 The Big Steel (33.33%)
- Horses with the best Place Rates are #11 Set The Course (71.43%), #4 Launay (66.67%) and #9 Under The Eiffel (61.54%)
- Two horses come off last-start wins with #9 Under The Eiffel (1400m, Flemington, 01/11/2011) and #7 Jungle Ruler (1600m, Mornington, 30/10/2011)
- Horses to have won at Sandown Track before are #1 Here De Angels (1-1-0-0), #6 Rockpecker (2-1-0-1), #7 Jungle Ruler (9-3-1-1), #8 Nine Tales (3-2-0-0) and #9 Under The Eiffel (1-1-0-0)
- Over the Sandown Stakes distance (1500m) horses with the best form are #10 The Big Steel (3-1-0-1), #8 Nine Tales (1-1-0-0), #7 Jungle Ruler (6-1-1-1), #6 Rockpecker (5-3-0-1) and #3 Orbit Express (5-2-0-3)
2011 Sandown Stakes Tips
- #9 Under The Eiffel from #7 Jungle Ruler and #8 Nine Tales – Bet now at Luxbet
- Roughies: #10 The Big Steel and #11 Set The Course
While race favourite Under The Eiffel is the definite form pick, to add value to your Sandown Stakes exotics this Saturday at Luxbet we are tipping them to beat home Jungle Ruler and Nine Tales, both double-figure chances.
Our best roughie picks are The Big Steel paying $26 to win and $6 to place at Luxbet and Set The Course who is the $51 outsider in the markets but who has the consistency to bounce back for a top four finish after their horror run at Flemington in the Johnnie Walker Stakes (1800m) on Cup Day.
Head to Luxbet now for all the best Sandown Stakes odds and betting options.
Don’t have a Luxbet account? It takes just five minutes to join Australia’s No. 1 online bookmaker and when you make your initial deposit enter the limited-time-only bonus code BONUSBET for your $500 welcome bonus bet!
2011 Sandown Stakes Field & Form Guide
|1.||HERE DE ANGELS||Ms W Roche||Luke Nolen||3||58||8yoG||9||$21,369||36: 11 4 3||30.56%||50.00%||x79430|
|2.||LARGO LAD||D A Hayes||Steven Arnold||4||57.5||7yoG||14||$20,589||30: 6 3 1||20.00%||33.33%||x19x60|
|3.||ORBIT EXPRESS||S R Mckinnon||James Winks||6||57||8yoG||7||$10,908||57: 12 6 8||21.05%||45.61%||47×098|
|4.||LAUNAY||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||7||56.5||5yoG||14||$21,738||18: 6 4 2||33.33%||66.67%||263×66|
|5.||SISTINE ANGEL||Andrew Noblet||Michelle Payne||5||55.5||4yoM||14||$26,596||14: 2 3 2||14.29%||50.00%||35×270|
|6.||ROCKPECKER||K J Fythe||Clare Lindop||1||54.5||8yoG||7||$10,510||53: 8 8 7||15.09%||43.40%||624754|
|7.||JUNGLE RULER||P J White||Dean Yendall||8||54||8yoH||13||$8,380||100: 19 12 11||19.00%||42.00%||700291|
|8.||NINE TALES||M G Price||Craig Newitt||10||54||7yoG||17||$10,915||28: 7 4 1||25.00%||42.86%||960×46|
|9.||UNDER THE EIFFEL||A J Vasil||Craig Williams||9||54||4yoG||11||$17,773||13: 5 3 0||38.46%||61.54%||072×11|
|10.||THE BIG STEEL||M W Laurie||Brenton Avdulla||2||53.5||5yoG||191||$14,276||18: 6 0 3||33.33%||50.00%||13716x|
|11.||SET THE COURSE||R E Laing||Not Notified||11||53.5||6yoH||11||$5,915||7: 3 0 2||42.86%||71.43%||11×310|
*Odds are Fixed Win and correct at time of publication – check Luxbet for updates
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au