Yes, Black Caviar is the best horse in the Patinack Farm Classic 2011.
Yes, Black Caviar has scared away all but six rivals, three of which are her stablemates trainer Peter Moody has accepted for to ensure the race actually goes ahead.
Yes, Black Caviar will win the Patianck Farm Classic for the second year in a row taking her unbeaten record to 16 straight.
Yes, Black Caviar is the deserved odds-on favourite in the Patinack Farm Classic odds at Luxbet the superstar opening at a price of $1.05 and likely to firm before Flemington Race 5 jumps at 2:15pm (AEDT) on Saturday.
Yes, you knew all of this before!
So what is it that punters and race fans are really keen to discover ahead of the $1 million Group 1 Patinack Farm Classic (1200m) on Saturday?
Trying to uncover a bit of value in the Patinack Farm Classic this year with an undoubtedly below average quality of sprinters engaged, bar Black Caviar of course, the Races.com.au team have had a look at the field, form and betting history of this time-honoured spring carnival showdown to see where the best place bets are at.
With Black Caviar so short in the markets there is likely to be a huge amount of interest in Luxbet’s Patinack Farm Classic exotic offers on Saturday.
As Luxbet are paying the best of the totes, plus a generous 5% interest with NO cap on your winnings, for all successful Patinack Farm Classic bets made this year, which horses will fill the placings behind Black Caviar is a hotly debated topic.
So below we have a list of relevant and interesting 2011 Patinack Farm Classic form guide facts, and betting and historical stats to help you uncover the best value bets to make on the sprint showdown.
Patinack Farm Classic 2011 Form Guide & Betting Facts
- Defending champion Black Caviar jumped from barrier six of seven last year, ridden by Ben Melham to victory; this year she will be ridden by Luke Nolen from gate four
- #4 Response ($41 Luxbet) is in barrier six this year while #5 Mid Summer Music ($26 Luxbet) will have Melham in the mount
- Aside from Black Caviar who is undefeated, #5 Mid Summer Music has the next best Win Rate of the field with 52.94% followed by #2 Buffering (42.11%)
- Black Caviar is the only horse coming off a last-start win, the next best lead-up performance was by #1 Scenic Blast ($41 Luxbet) who ran fourth beaten 7.5 lengths by Black Caviar in the Schweppes Stakes
- Horses with the best Flemington track record are #1 Scenic Blast (4-2-1-1), #3 Black Caviar (5-5-0-0), #4 Response (7-1-2-2) and #6 Curtana (5-1-2-0)
- Over the Patinack Farm Classic distance the horses with the best record are #1 Scenic Blast (15-4-3-3), #2 Buffering (12-4-3-2), #3 Black Caviar (11-11-0-0), #5 Mid Summer Music (9-5-1-0) and #6 Curtana (6-2-1-0)
- Along with Black Caviar who is three from three at the Track & Distance, #1 Scenic Blast (3-1-1-1) and #6 Curtana (4-1-1-0) have also won over 1200 metres at Flemington before
- Five-year-olds have won six of the past 10 editions of this race, #3 Black Caviar and #4 Response are the two 5YO’s engaged this year
Think you have the Patinack Farm Classic Trifecta picked out?
Races.com.au will be publishing our Patinack Farm Classic tips shortly, but if you want to get in now head straight to Luxbet, the online bookmaker offering all the hottest spring carnival specials and a $500 bonus bet to first-time customers that deposit and quote the promo code BONUSBET!
2011 Patinack Farm Classic Field & Form Guide
Flemington Race 5 – 05/11/2011
|1.||SCENIC BLAST||D L Morton||Steven Arnold||1||58.5||7yoG||14||$73,965||27: 8 6 4||29.63%||66.67%||2533×4|
|2.||BUFFERING||R L Heathcote||Nash Rawiller||5||58.5||4yoG||21||$48,626||19: 8 3 2||42.11%||68.42%||744146|
|3.||BLACK CAVIAR||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||4||56.5||5yoM||14||$251,837||15: 15 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||111×11|
|4.||RESPONSE||M Ellerton and S Zahra||Dwayne Dunn||6||56.5||5yoM||7||$42,978||19: 4 4 3||21.05%||57.89%||7×8330|
|5.||MID SUMMER MUSIC||P G Moody||Ben Melham||2||56.5||6yoM||7||$26,112||17: 9 3 2||52.94%||82.35%||211236|
|6.||CURTANA||P G Moody||Not Notified||3||56.5||4yoM||7||$37,621||14: 5 3 1||35.71%||64.29%||7×3420|
|7.||PANIPIQUE||P G Moody||Michael Walker||7||56.5||4yoM||7||$14,077||16: 4 0 1||25.00%||31.25%||x65189|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au