Everyone loves the Melbourne Cup and whether you are a pro punter or having a first-time flutter in the Melbourne Cup betting markets this year, it is important to know which galloper in the 24-horse Melbourne Cup field is the favourite and why!
The 2011 Melbourne Cup, which runs as Flemington Race 7 at 3:00pm (local time) today, is the 151stedition of the ‘race that stops a nation’.
Of the 24 stayers engaged, it is reigning title holder Americain who is at the top of the Melbourne Cup odds at Luxbet.
Melbourne Cup betting at Luxbet is really starting to heat up with the day’s punters getting their money down on their selections, Melbourne Cup tips and picks flying everywhere!
So why is Americain the $5 Melbourne Cup favourite at Luxbet?
Can this French raider win successive Melbourne Cups, the first since the mighty mare Makybe Diva to do so?
The Races.com.au team are saying yeS yES YES!
We aren’t just getting on the Americain bandwagon because he is the favourite and the biggest name in this race.
We actually have Americain rated special to win through our pro punter system.
This means that having analysed the Melbourne Cup 2011 field, the Melbourne Cup 2011 form guide and the historical data on this great race – Amercain ranks as the No. 1 horse to back in the Melbourne Cup.
Why Americain is the 2011 Melbourne Cup Favourite
And why you should back them to win at Luxbet!
- They are the defending Melbourne Cup winner
- Is one of only two horses along with #23 Niwot ($8.50 Luxbet) to have won at the Track & Distance
- Gerald Mosse retains the ride
- Is one of only two horses along with #5 Glass Harmonium ($31 Luxbet) prepared by a former Melbourne Cup winning trainer
- Come off an excellent last-start win in the Moonee Valley Cup
- 11 of the past 18 Melbourne Cup winners won their final lead-up run
- Moves into barrier 14 with the scratching of #10 Mourayan, draw suits their just off the pace racing style
- Boasts the third best Win Rate of the field with 38.46% following #9 Lucas Cranach (50%) and #2 Jukebox Jury (42.86%)
There you have it! The facts and stats on why Americain is the Melbourne Cup 2011 favourite and the Races.com.au tip to win.
So get behind Americain now at Luxbet, the online bookmaker offering the best Melbourne Cup odds and options.