The Melbourne Cup 2011 is nearly here, Australia’s greatest race to take place as Flemington Race 7 at 3:00pm (Melbourne Time) today and while every punter wants to back the Melbourne Cup 2011 winner, our No. 1 online bookmaker Luxbet have a great range of other exciting Melbourne Cup betting markets.
With 24 horses engaged to face off in the 2011 Melbourne Cup field, the odds on the ‘race that stops a nation’ are led by the defending champ Americain who is paying $5 at Luxbet to go back-to-back and race into the history books as just the sixth horse to win multiple editions of the Cup.
There are now two other Melbourne Cup 2011 horses at single-figure odds in the markets with:
- #3 Dunaden ($9 into $8.50 at Luxbet) – Geelong Cup winner out to emulate Americain in winning the double today, gets in with the same weight as the reigning champ (54.5kg), looks fit and is hard to fault. Only concern is Craig Williams is off and French jockey Christophe Lemaire is on. Can Lemaire ride a Melbourne Cup winner in his maiden ride down under?
- # Niwot ($10 into $9 at Luxbet) – Money, and we are talking big money, continues to roll in for Saturday’s Lexus Stakes winner. True Aussie underdog and will be a fairytale finish if this “ordinary”
type can step up in class and claim Australia’s richest prize. Has the draw, the weight and the form to follow in Shocking’s hoofsteps who claimed the Lexus – Melbourne Cup double in 2009. Follow the Melbourne Cup betting money trail and get behind Niwot at Luxbet.
While backing the Melbourne Cup 2011 horses to Win or Place is a great option at Luxbet, check out their other special markets if you want to really clean up on the Cup!
Melbourne Cup 2011 Betting Specials:
- Dead Heat – 0.99 Lengths – $3.50 Luxbet
- 1 Length to 1.99 Lengths – $3.60 Luxbet
- 2 Lengths to 2.99 Lengths – $3.70 Luxbet
- 3 Lengths or more – $3.70 Luxbet
You won’t find odds like these anywhere else! Shortest priced market here is $3.50 – these are great odds. When you back a horse to win the Melbourne Cup you have a one in 24 chance. Here you have a one in 4 chance!
Last year Americain won the Melbourne Cup by 3 Lengths – can he do it again? Luxbet say he can for $3.70!
Saddle Cloth Odd v Even
- Melbourne Cup Winner Odd Saddle Cloth – $1.55 Luxbet
- Melbourne Cup Winner Even Saddle Cloth – $2.45 Luxbet
Favourite Americain is horse No. 1, hence why odds are the favourite here. Second and third elects Dunaden (No. 3) and Niwot (No. 23) say that yes, an odd number will win.
But what does history say? Check out our exclusive Melbourne Cup Saddlecloth Number Records & Facts.
Access all of these great Melbourne Cup 2011 betting odds and options now at Luxbet and if you are a first-time punter at this ace online bookie, make sure you quote the code BONUSBET on Melbourne Cup Day to get your first deposit matched dollar for dollar as a bonus bet up to $500!