Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Defending champ and current favourite for the Melbourne Cup 2011, the hulking Americain is getting better and better value in the odds for Australia’s greatest race, the French raider easing in their price to go back-to-back on the first Tuesday of November.
As punters start to shoot for value in their Melbourne Cup betting by getting on the bandwagon of longer-priced hopefuls in the 24-horse field including The Lexus Stakes winner Niwot ($13 into $12 at Luxbet) and the Lloyd Williams-owned At First Sight ($14 into $13 at Luxbet), Americain has drifted out and now pays a generous $5.
Sitting at $4 in the pre-field Melbourne Cup odds, Americain blew out to $4.40 when they drew awkwardly in barrier 15 for the $6 million handicap.
That price has continued to ease with Americain going out to $4.60, $4.80 and now their very backable $5 quote through Luxbet.
Americain Melbourne Cup 2011 Betting Moves
- Pre Field Price: $4
- Opening Odds: $4.40
- Market Moves: $4.60 – $4.80
- Current 2011 Melbourne Cup Odds: $5 – Bet now at Luxbet
This is a great price on a true turf champion that the Races.com.au team believes has the ability to overcome the gate, being a known off-pace runner, and their 58kg topweight and become just the sixth horse in the 150-year history of the iconic Melbourne Cup to win multiple editions.
Read why we are Tipping Americain to Win the 2011 Melbourne Cup.
Americain is an exceptional stayer and all reports from the experts and those involved with the horse are that the last-start Moonee Valley Cup winner is in flying form and ready to maintain their flawless race record in Australia.
Most of the other horses in the Melbourne Cup markets at Luxbet are remaining at a fairly steady price, the only other runner at single figure odds being Americain’s “copycat” fellow French raider Dunaden.
Drawn two inside the favourite in gate 13, the Mikel Delzangles-trained Dunaden is a very honest type that has not only the ability, but the Melbourne Cup form line to be competitive on Tuesday in the big one.
Their Geelong Cup win on debut in Australia was eye-catching and that race is a good form race for the Cup with Americain having won it 12 months ago before their upset Melbourne Cup success.
Has the right weight dropping back from 58kg to 54.5kg, has the credentials and seems to be flying.
The punters like them, but Can Dunaden Become the 2011 Melbourne Cup Winner?
Following the two French raiders in the Melbourne Cup odds are then:
- #9 Lucas Cranach ($11 Luxbet) – Distance should suit this German import from the Freedman stables. Is lightly-raced with four wins from eight starts, the last of which was their fifth in the Caulfield Cup, which was a decent effort considering they were the widest on the turn and only beaten three lengths. Can improve and makes a nice Place Bet.
- #2 Jukebox Jury ($12 Luxbet) – Really interesting international edition to the race, is only 1kg off Americain so that’s a query but there’s a lot of other things to tick off including their soft win in the Prix Kergorlay over 3016m, beating both Americain and Dunaden. Should be right up there and a solid Each Way chance.
- #23 Niwot ($12 Luxbet) – Lexus Stakes winner has the ‘mystery’ factor, can they emulate the feats of their more heralded stablemate Maluckyday and run second in the Melbourne Cup? Has the right draw, right lead-up form, right weight and is the true Aussie underdog story. Lock in all Melbourne Cup Exotics.
See below for the latest Melbourne Cup fixed win odds, which you can get now at our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet.
Luxbet are the No. online bookmaker when it comes to pacing your Melbourne Cup bets offering not only the biggest range of wagers and the best prices on all of the hopefuls, but the hottest promos including their $500 Bonus Bet for first-time customers that sign up, deposit and quote the code BONUSBET today!
2011 Melbourne Cup Odds
|1||Americain (15)||5.00 Luxbet|
|2||Jukebox Jury (6)||12.00 Luxbet|
|3||Dunaden (13)||7.50 Luxbet|
|4||Drunken Sailor (8)||41.00 Luxbet|
|5||Glass Harmonium (23)||35.00 Luxbet|
|6||Manighar (21)||41.00 Luxbet|
|7||Unusual Suspect (7)||31.00 Luxbet|
|8||Fox Hunt (19)||31.00 Luxbet|
|9||Lucas Cranach (11)||11.00 Luxbet|
|10||Mourayan (14)||16.00 Luxbet|
|11||Precedence (2)||41.00 Luxbet|
|12||Red Cadeaux (16)||35.00 Luxbet|
|13||Hawk Island (18)||101.00 Luxbet|
|14||Illo (1)||21.00 Luxbet|
|15||Lost In The Moment (3)||31.00 Luxbet|
|16||Modun (5)||26.00 Luxbet|
|17||At First Sight (10)||13.00 Luxbet|
|18||Moyenne Corniche (17)||26.00 Luxbet|
|19||Saptapadi (22)||101.00 Luxbet|
|20||Shamrocker (24)||51.00 Luxbet|
|21||The Verminator (4)||101.00 Luxbet|
|22||Tullamore (12)||26.00 Luxbet|
|23||Niwot (9)||12.00 Luxbet|
|24||Older Than Time (20)||151.00 Luxbet|
*Fixed Win Odds subject to change – check Luxbet for updates and to bet now
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.