Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
With 40% of Unusual Suspect sold to Australian connections last week, the new owners are desperately hoping their newest stable star can win the 2011 Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse on Tuesday.
Unusual Suspect is currently paying odds of $31 to win the 2011 Melbourne Cup at Luxbet.
The American eight-year-old entire has drawn barrier seven for the 2011 Melbourne Cup, which will allow his jockey to settle into an ideal position in the race.
Unusual Suspect currently does not have a jockey assigned, after Nash Rawiller lost his appeal to have an eight-meeting careless riding suspension he received at Bendigo earlier this week revoked.
Rawiller has lodged a stay of proceedings request to allow him to ride in the Melbourne Cup 2011 and the result will be revealed tomorrow.
Unusual Suspect’s most recent win came in the Group 1 Hollywood Turf Cup in November last year and was over a distance of 2,400 metres.
#7 Unusual Suspect – Horse Stats
- Jockey: Not Declared
- Trainer: Michael Kent
- Owners: Baltimore Racing, Mr B J Oakley, Ewart-Johnstone Winning Edge, Mr B Abrams, A T B Davidson, Mr B Bannister, Mrs L F Huddy, Mr I W Hicks
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Unusual Heat (USA) out of Penpont (NZ)
- Career: 59 9-8-6
- Prize Money: $1,362,826
- Last Ten Starts: 3621X5X406
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $31 at Luxbet
The big question remains: can Unusual Suspect turn his form around and win the 2011 Melbourne Cup?
Why Unusual Suspect Can’t Win The 2011 Melbourne Cup
- Since barriers were introduced to the Melbourne Cup in 1958, only one horse has managed to win the race from barrier seven
- Only 2 eight-year-old horses have won the race in the Melbourne Cup’s 150 years
- He has never run over the 3,200 metre distance
- He has never competed at Flemington racecourse
- He has never finished better than fourth in Australia
- He has won all his races in good-rated track, and the Melbourne Cup will at best be run on a Dead 4
- Melbourne Cup will be horse’s 60th race start
- Finished disappointing 10th of 12 in the Listed Cranbourne Cup
Why Unusual Suspect Can Win The 2011 Melbourne Cup
- Despite the apparent curse of barrier seven, Unusual Suspect will have the perfect opportunity to settle wherever he chooses in the 24-horse Melbourne Cup running
- He finished just 3 lengths behind winner in Caulfield Cup last start and ran fastest last 600 metres.
- He will carry 54 kilograms in the Melbourne Cup 2011, which is the average weight of the past 10 Cup winners.
If Unusual Suspect is your pick to win the 2011 Melbourne Cup, then be sure to head to Luxbet now in order to receive their “Best of the Best” odds on the race.
Luxbet is offering new customers a bonus bet worth up to $500 for a limited time only to use on this year’s Melbourne Cup so don’t wait another second before opening an account!
Imagine having a $500 bonus to bet on the Melbourne Cup with! Take this opportunity and bet on Australia’s biggest race worry free!
All you have to do to take advantage of this exclusive offer is to sign up for an account now and enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join. It’s as easy as that!
Also, if you are new to the betting game, why not take advantage of Luxbet’s latest offer that allows you to receive a $100 bonus bet when you deposit just $25 into your new account. Enter the promo code Luxbet $100 Bonus when you join.
So sign up and start winning now!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.