Irish stayer Mourayan is in the form of his life ahead of the $6 million Melbourne Cup this Tuesday November 1, 2011.
Mourayan, who was transferred from Ireland to Australia at the end of 2009, finished second to Glass Harmonium in the Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes last start.
The Alhaarth entire has finished inside the top four in four of his five runs this preparation.
Mourayan beat yesterday’s The Lexus Stakes winner Niwot by two lengths in the Listed The Bart Cummings Quality at Flemington earlier this month, adding weight to his form going into the 2011 Melbourne Cup.
#10 Mourayan – Quick Horse Facts
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: Mr N C Williams, Mr L J Williams, Mrs S J Williams, Mr V J Sammartino, Mr A L Green, Mrs B A Green, Mr B N Singer, Mr P M Mehrten, Mr M S Gudinski
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Alhaarth (IRE) out of Mouramara (IRE)
- Career: 27 3-7-4
- Prize Money: $1,344,241
- Last Ten Starts: 2042X04312
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $16 at Luxbet
Why Mourayan Can Win The 2011 Melbourne Cup:
- Mourayan is looking for more ground ad will be suited to the 3,200 metres of the Melbourne Cup
- He has placed over the distance in the past
- He is in great form, finishing second in the Mackinnon Stakes on Saturday
Why Mourayan Cannot Win The 2011 Melbourne Cup:
- He has only won three of his 27 starts
- He has only won one of his seven attempts at this track
- He has never won on a dead track, which is the likely rating at Flemington on Tuesday
Mourayan is currently paying odds of $16 to win the 2011 Melbourne Cup at Luxbet.
Luxbet always provide the best horse racing odds on all the best races throughout Australia.
So open an account today to experience the Luxbet difference for yourself!
New customers who sign up today will receive a bonus bet worth up to $500 for a limited time only when they enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET.