He’s the raging hot favourite for the 2011 Victoria Derby and there’s little reason why Manawanui won’t be crowned champion at the end of Race 6 on Derby Day at Flemington tomorrow.
He’s without doubt the most talented runner and his record casts shadows over that of any other two horses combined.
In many ways Manawanui is simply the winner of the 2011 Victoria Derby and we just have to wait for the inevitable to happen.
Unfortunately though it’s never quite that easy, especially in a race that’s produced some of the biggest upsets in the history of Australian horse racing.
You don’t have to look too far back to see the last time it happened either, Rebel Raider triumphing as a 100 to 1 chance in the Victoria Derby of 2008.
It’s understandable then that online bookmaker Luxbet has been very generous in their odds, a full $2.60 about Manawanui to win the race.
In any other event against this field you can bet anything he’d be odds on, potentially even as short as $1.50.
Such is the aurora surrounding the Victoria derby that people are just expecting the unexpected.
What this means for you though is if you can avoid the hoodoo and forget the past, there really is incredible value to be had.
All you need to ensure is you forget everything else about the race and focus purely on horse v horse.
If you do that Manawanui stands head and shoulder above the rest and you could well collecting a tidy profits thanks to the superstitious nature of bookies across the country.
He’s a Group 1 champion, two time Group 2 champion and has only lost once in his past seven when he was a gallant second to Helmet.
Manawanui simply can’t lose at Flemington tomorrow, or can he?
Make your pick and be willing to back it be supporting your horse with online bookmaker Luxbet.
We’re prepared to declare him, he’s a moral, he’s a banker, he’s a dead set sure thing and you can guarantee we’ll be on him for plenty.
Follow us in and earn a tidy profit by registering with Luxbet now.
Use the code BONUSBET when you do so and your initial deposit will be matched dollar for dollar up to $500 with a free bet!
#1 Manawanui – Horse Profile
- Jockey: Glyn Schofield
- Trainer: Ron Leemon
- Owners: Mrs G D Leemon, J R Sundell, R M Casson, Ms J A Brown, R G Reo, A T Reo, D R T Leemon & A Cook, G F M Syndicate (Mgr: M A Bartley)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Oratorio out of Lady Remlap
- Career: 8:6-1-1
- Prize Money: $1,242,580
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current Victoria Derby Odds: $2.60 @ Luxbet
Why Manawanui Can Win the Victoria Derby 2011
- He’s the best horse in the race, no question
- He has the perfect draw in barrier eight
- He’s hugely versatile and can accommodate for any style of race
- He’s capable in all conditions
- He has the runs on the board
Why Manawanui Can’t Win the Victoria Derby 2011
- He hasn’t run over more than 2040m, that’s the big query and what could bring him crashing to the ground
- Behind him there’s plenty of depth and half a dozen genuine chances
- History tells us anything can happen in the Victoria Derby and it usually does
On paper Manawanui wins the 2011 Victoria Derby and wins it easy, if only it was that simple in reality.
Fact is he’s got a lot of work to do if he’s going to claim that title.
That said, he is the best horse in the race and he’s fantastic value on the Luxbet fixed odds market.