Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Foreteller showed early potential in France winning a hat-trick of races prior to his form tapering and being flown to Australia.
That flight was in late 2010 and he started racing in Australia in May 2011.
No one would have really thought after his initial starts Foreteller could win the 2011 $1m Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m) at Flemington.
2011 Mackinnon Stakes – horse profile
#10 Foreteller (barrier 1) 59kg
- Five year old bay gelding
- Record: 18 starts 7 wins 0 second 1 third.
- Winning distance range 1400m to 2000m
- Best win: Group 3 David Jones Cup (2000m) at Caulfield.
- Trainer: Chris Waller, Rosehill
- Jockey, Corey Brown.
- Latest price Luxbet $8
But under the care of Chris Waller, he improved and strung together another hat-trick of wins, albeit in winter class races.
The rise of Foreteller during the spring has continued and at a rapid rate.
Natural maturity and a step up in distance is seeing the big finisher strut his stuff.
The 2011 Mackinnon Stakes will see Foreteller race for the first time at Flemington.
His style of racing, from last to first, could play against him if the pace in the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes is slow.
However it didn’t make much difference last time in the Group 3 David Jones when the pace was just that.
Foreteller defied the slow pace and impressively swept past his rivals in the final 100m.
That was clearly his best win and it was at his first in Melbourne, perhaps Foreteller will be best suited to anti-clockwise racing.
It appears the best of Foreteller is still in front on him and the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes is his biggest test.
French horses with Americain and Dunaden favourites for the Melbourne Cup appear to be the flavour of the carnival.
If Foreteller happens to become 2011 Mackinnon Stakes winner it would clear a serious player for upcoming carnivals is in town.
Why Foreteller can win the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes.
- He is still on the way up and has the ability to string wins together.
- He can win on both wet and dry ground.
- He looks suited by Melbourne racing.
- The 2000m looks ideal for him at this stage – he may get more ground later on.
- He is nicely drawn in barrier one.
- His best run was his latest.
- Been trained specifically for the race.
Why Foreteller won’t win the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes.
- He is up in class.and is yet to win beyond Group 3 level.
- A possible slow pace in the race would play against his racing style.
- He has never raced at Flemington and may not take to the track.
Verdict: It is Foreteller’s biggest test and the bookies have him at the right price – an eachway price.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.