Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Wall Street has simply been one of New Zealand’s best horses in the past few seasons but is facing a problem coming into the 2011 $1m Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m) at Flemington.
On Wednesday the classy galloper suffered a out of colic and needs to overcome those worries going into the race
Luxbet have him at $12 for the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m) on the back of his good effort in last week’s Cox Plate.
2011 Mackinnon Stakes – horse profile
#2 Wall Street (barrier 12) 59kg
- Seven year old bay gelding
- Record: 27 starts 11 wins 4 second 0 third.
- Winning distance range 1400m to 2040m
- Best win: Group 1 Emirate Stakes (1600m) at Flemington.
- Trainer: Jeff Lynds, Awapuni, NZ
- Jockey, Nash Rawiller.
- Latest price Luxbet $12
Most of Wall Street’s Group 1 wins were at 1600m and the thought was he was best suited to a mile.
And when he faded out of the Group 1 Toorak Handicap (1600m), ever so slightly on October 8, people predicted his demise.
That was his first start in Australia this spring and was part of the reason he started $81 for last week’s 2040m Group 1 Cox Plate.
He produced one of the best runs in the Cox Plate and showed that as a seven-year-old he was looking for more ground.
He settled last and finished strongly for fourth beaten under two lengths by Pinker Pinker.
The 2000m of the Mackinnon Stakes of 2011 is now looking like a perfect trip,
What makes it better is that Wall Street’s best win was at Flemington in the Emirates.
He can also handle wet and dry ground.
Why Wall Street can win the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes.
- He is back in form.
- His only start at Flemington produced his best win the the Emirate Stakes.
- He seems to now be looking for the 2000m.
- He is a five time Group 1 winner, so he sits well in this class.
- He handles wet and dry ground.
Why Wall Street won’t win the 2011 Mackinnon Stakes.
- He has drawn awkwardly in barrier 12.’
- If he gets back to last as he did in the Cox Plate a possible slower speed in the Mackinnon may make it tough for the swoopers.
- He hasn’t won a race in 2011 in eight starts.
- He had a colic attack on Wednesday and needs to have fully recovered
- Verdict: Good strike rate and has been getting close. The colic is the worry. Perhaps eachway chance.
Luxbet has an exclusicve $250 Refund Bonus Bet for Second open on every Group 1 race, including the Mackinnon, this Saturday.
Simply back a horse to Win at Luxbet and if they are second over the line your stakes are refunded as a bonus bet valued up to $250.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.