Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Saturday sees a capacity field of keen three-year-olds trying out the 2500-metres for the first time in the Melbourne Cup Carnival’s richest race for their kind, the $1.5 million Group 1 Victoria Derby, and while we have an odds-on favourite in this year’s edition with Manawanui, their price is easing and there are plenty of chancy rivals to defeat, so below the Races.com.au team have our exclusive 2011 Victoria Derby form guide in three words.
Due to jump at 3:00pm (AEDST) as Flemington Race 6 on Saturday, the AAMI Victoria Derby isn’t just a test of class, it is a test of stamina and in a field this size luck goes a long way too.
Topping the Victoria Derby odds at Luxbet is six-time winner Manawanui at $2.50.
While they are the rank horse here with the form, draw and status, there is always something to suggest an upset.
For example, as a last-start Vase winner history is against Manwanui, and the last favourite to salute was Efficient at $2.40 – an eerily similar price to this year’s top pick – back in 2006.
So will Manawanui buck the recent trend against the favourites on Saturday, or will one of their lesser-heralded opponents go the distance in an upset Victoria Derby result?
Having gone through the full form on all of the runners, the Races.com.au crew has summed up the chances of all of this year’s hopes below in our concise Victoria Derby 2011 Three Word Form Guide.
- 1. Manawanui ($2.50 Luxbet) – Distance Only Query
- 2. Isopach ($51 Luxbet) – Purple Patch Passed
- 3. Collar ($13 Luxbet) – Top Outside Chance
- 4. Sabrage ($14 Luxbet) – Horror Barrier Draw
- 5. Sangster ($9 Luxbet) – Another Kiwi Winner?
- 6. Perfect Punch ($18 Luxbet) – Perfect Place Pick
- 7. Induna ($5 Luxbet) – Impressive Geelong Win
- 8. Costly Commitment ($26 Luxbet) – Commit To Exotics
- 9. Scelto ($61 Luxbet) – Third In Vase
- 10. Niagara ($8 Luxbet) – Tears Will Fall
- 11. Cornell ($61 Luxbet) – Well Over Odds
- 12. Eagle Command ($31 Luxbet) – Can’t See Flying
- 13. Zabeelionaire ($19 Luxbet) – Breeding Says Yes
- 14. I Feel Good ($101 Luxbet) – Form Looks Poor
- 15. Rapidus ($201 Luxbet) – Just Broke Maiden
- 16. Mr Chez ($71 Luxbet) – Distance Only Advantage
- 17e. Mustang ($61 Luxbet) – Won’t Ride Here
- 18e. Monsili ($251 Luxbet) – Price Explains Chances
Once you are a Luxbet member make sure you check out their other select spring specials including their $250 Second Place Refund Offer giving you your money back as a bonus bet up to $250 if the horse you backed to win the Victoria Derby crosses the line second!
All odds quoted are Fixed Win from Luxbet and subject to change.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.