With one of the largest Cox Plate fields in recent years set to line-up at Moonee Valley on Saturday in what is shaping up to be a truly captivating edition of $3 million weight-for-age classic, the Races.com.au team have done the research and analysis for our readers and come up with an exclusive Cox Plate 2011 form guide in two words.
This year the Group 1 Tatts Cox Plate (2040m) is scheduled as Moonee Valley Race 8 on Saturday, jump time programmed as 5:35pm (AEDST).
Currently the 2011 Cox Plate field features a full starting line-up of 14, first emergency Avienus gaining a start due to the early scratching of #2 Descarado.
Firm favourite in the Cox Plate markets at Luxbet is #14 Helmet, Peter Snowden’s gun colt out to become their 20th three-year-old Cox Plate winner in history.
Despite a double-digit barrier, Helmet has been well-supported to win the Cox Plate and add a fourth Group 1 victory to his already impressive record, having shortened in from $3.50 to $3.20 at Luxbet.
The other Cox Plate betting market mover is #9 Rekindled Interest, who was backed in from $12 to $6.50, but who is now out to $7.50 again with most of the money rolling in for Helmet.
There has also been decent bets placed on the Peter Moody-trained mare #13 Kings Rose who is in from $15 to $13, still nice odds for a dual winner over the distance and with a Moonee Valley success up her sleeve.
This is what the Cox Plate odds say, but what are the real chances in the field and where should your money be?
Don’t waste hours scouring through all the form guides listing a confusing jumble of figures and facts that really only the experts know how to read.
You can spend as long as you like researching sectional times, winning statistics, recent runs and what the connections are saying about their horses but at the end of the day the Cox Plate is won on the turf, not on paper.
Below the Races.com.au team have the most concise and easy to understand Cox Plate 2011 Form Guide, accurately summing up the chances on every horse in the field in just two words.
- 1. Efficient ($21 Luxbet) – Has Been
- 3. Wall Street ($71 Luxbet) – 2010 Seventh
- 4. Glass Harmonium ($12 Luxbet) – Will Lead
- 5. Jimmy Choux ($5 Luxbet) – 2000m Unbeaten
- 6. Sincero ($21 Luxbet) – 64.71% Win
- 7. Lion Tamer ($15 Luxbet) – Former Favourite
- 8. Playing God ($61 Luxbet) – Best Place
- 9. Rekindled Interest ($7.50 Luxbet) – Market Mover
- 10. Shamrocker ($41 Luxbet) – Needs Further
- 11. Pinker Pinker ($31 Luxbet) – Craig Williams
- 12. Secret Admirer ($11 Luxbet) – Epsom Curse
- 13. King’s Rose ($13 Luxbet) – Don’t Discount
- 14. Helmet ($3.20 Luxbet) – Special 3YO
- 15. Avienus ($61 Luxbet) – Odds Over
Ready to place your Cox Plate bets? Head to Luxbet now and get the best prices at Australia’s best bookie as well as access to their exclusive special markets including Best Tote Exotics + 5% Bonus payouts on your Cox Plate Quinellas, Exactas, Trifectas and First Four bets.
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win and subject to change – see Luxbet for updates and to bet now