Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the key support races on a crack nine-race Cox Plate Day 2011 program at Moonee Valley this Saturday will be the $200,000 Group 2 Crystal Mile (1600m) and here the Races.com.au team take a closer look at the form on the 12 gallopers engaged, providing our exclusive Crystal Mile betting tips and selections.
Due to jump at 4:40pm (AEDST) as Moonee Valley Race 7, one event before the 2011 Cox Plate takes centre stage, the 2011 Crystal Mile field currently features 12 horses with markets at Luxbet currently lead by the Mick Price-trained Testa My Patience.
Set to jump from barrier six on Saturday and coming off a commanding last-start win on Caulfield Cup Day over 1400 metres, Testa My Patience has finished worse than third just once in their 13-start career to date, that race coincidently having been run at the Valley.
Sitting at the top of the Crystal Mile odds at a firm price of $3.40 at Luxbet, Testa My Patience is followed in the markets by Peter Moody’s former Macau runner Luen Yat Forever ($5), Roger James’ Kiwi raider He’s Remarkable ($5.50), the Chris Waller-trained Triple Elegance ($8) on the rails and Toorak Handicap fifth placegetter Dao Dao ($8.50).
Of the top-fancies, Triple Elegance comes off the worst last-start finish on paper having run 10th to Cox Plate contender Secret Admirer in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap (1600m).
That run, however, was far better than it looks on paper as they got caught in traffic from their awkward barrier 10 draw and gate one tomorrow will suit them far better making them a nice upset chance to back through Luxbet.
“His run in the Epsom was actually quite good when he had no lock form a wide draw,” Waller said.
Waller will also be represented in the Crystal Mile this year by 58kg top-weight Danleigh who is paying $14 after drawing barrier eight.
“His two runs leading into the race have been Ok, he’ll really appreciate the extra distance and he’s run well at Moonee Valley before,” Waller said of Danleigh who took out the 2009 Manikato Stakes at the track two years ago.
While Waller talks up his chances and the punters continue to back the two top elects, Testa My Patience and He’s Remarkable the only two horses to firm in the markets, the Crystal Mile is shaping up as a fairly open affair.
To help our readers make their betting selections on the Crystal Mile to lock in at Luxbet, we have gone through the field and form and discovered the following.
2011 Crystal Mile Form Analysis & Facts
- Sound Journey won the 2010 Crystal Mile from barrier nine; this year #6 Luen Yat Forever ($5 Luxbet) has gate nine
- There are three last-start winners in the field with #9 Testa My Patience (1400m, Caulfield, 08/10/2011), #11 Happy Trails (1600m, Caulfield, 12/10/2011) and #12 He’s Remarkable (1600m, Hastings, 01/08/2011)
- #10 Blackie ($12 Luxbet) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 50.00% followed by #9 Testa My Patience (46.15%)
- Coming off the longest turnaround are #10 Blackie (28 days) and #8 Silver Grecian (28 days)
- The shortest backup will be 10 days by #11 Happy Trails
- The best Place Rates belongs to #9 Testa My Patience (92.31%), followed by #4 Triple Elegance (66.67%) and #6 Luen Yat Forever (65.71%)
- Lightweights of the field are #10 Blackie ($12 Luxbet), #11 Happy Trails ($14 Luxbet) and #12 He’s Remarkable ($5.50 Luxbet) – all carry 52.5kg
- Horses with the best form at the Track & Distance are #2 Ginga Dude (1-1-0-0), #5 Hawks Bay (1-0-1-0), #7 Playwright (6-0-2-1) and #11 Happy Trails (1-0-0-1)
- Based on records over the mile the best horses to back are #2 Ginga Dude (11-5-1-1), #3 Dao Dao (13-4-3-2), #4 Triple Elegance (6-1-2-1), #5 Hawks Bay (12-3-3-0), #9 Testa My Patience (3-1-1-0) and #12 He’s Remarkable (4-2-1-1)
- Only two runners have previously won at Moonee Valley with #1 Danleigh ($14 Luxbet) and #2 Ginga Dude ($15 Luxbet)
After doing the form on the Crystal Mile, the Races.com.au crew are tipping Testa My Patience to salute for the punters and we will be locking them into a Trifecta with #10 Blackie and #12 He’s Remarkable.
Races.com.au Moonee Valley Race 7 Tips
- #9 Testa My Patience to win over #10 Blackie, #12 He’s Remarkable and #2 Ginga Dude – Bet now at Luxbet
To lock in our Crystal Mile selections at the best prices, or to back your own tips for the Cox Plate Day feature, head to Luxbet and get a $500 bonus bet if you are a new depositing customer that quotes the code BONUSBET.
Every race on the Cox Plate Day card, including the Crystal Mile, is also part of Luxbet’s exclusive Best Tote Exotics + 5% Bonus offer, with no cap on your winnings!
2011 Crystal Mile Field & Form Guide
Moonee Valley Race 7 – 22/10/2011
|1.||DANLEIGH||C J Waller||Hugh Bowman||8||58||8yoG||21||$47,817||46: 9 6 8||19.57%||50.00%||976×66|
|2.||GINGA DUDE||G B Boyd||Michael Walker||2||55.5||8yoG||13||$19,786||45: 13 5 7||28.89%||55.56%||98×613|
|3.||DAO DAO||“M, W and J Hawkes||Dwayne Dunn||10||55||8yoG||14||$49,210||29: 7 8 3||24.14%||62.07%||708×75|
|4.||TRIPLE ELEGANCE||C J Waller||Damien Oliver||1||55||5yoG||21||$21,426||24: 7 4 5||29.17%||66.67%||x60930|
|5.||HAWKS BAY||N J Dyer||Dean Yendall||12||54.5||6yoG||10||$15,174||40: 11 8 1||27.50%||50.00%||135110|
|6.||LUEN YAT FOREVER||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||9||54.5||6yoG||14||$30,402||35: 12 8 3||34.29%||65.71%||90×453|
|7.||PLAYWRIGHT||S J Richards||Dean Holland||3||53.5||7yoG||13||$14,202||47: 6 6 6||12.77%||38.30%||30×580|
|8.||SILVER GRECIAN||J Moore||Darren Beadman||7||53.5||5yoG||28||$22,082||13: 4 0 1||30.77%||38.46%||9×7516|
|9.||TESTA MY PATIENCE||M G Price||Craig Newitt||6||53.5||5yoG||14||$17,013||13: 6 4 2||46.15%||92.31%||12×231|
|10.||BLACKIE||M C Kent||Brenton Avdulla||11||52.5||4yoG||28||$18,552||8: 4 1 0||50.00%||62.50%||117×20|
|11.||HAPPY TRAILS||Paul Beshara||Craig Williams||4||52.5||4yoG||10||$14,523||15: 2 4 3||13.33%||60.00%||2×8031|
|12.||HE’S REMARKABLE||R A James||Corey Brown||5||52.5||4yoH||21||$15,203||12: 4 1 1||33.33%||50.00%||960×11|
Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.