With Helmet currently the favourite to take out this Saturday’s Cox Plate2011, we have delved into his form to try and help you understand what his winning chances actually are for the weight-for-age championship.
Helmet is the only three-year-old in the race and in being so has the lightest weight allocation of 49.5 kilograms.
This, coupled with Helmet’s devastating wins in his last two starts, has propelled the Exceed And Excel colt into $3.40 Cox Plate favouritism at Luxbet.
Helmet has moved from barrier 11 to 10 for Saturday’s Cox Plate, thanks to today’s scratching of Gai Waterhouse’s Descarado, but the gate is still a hindrance to Helmet’s usual leading style.
Below we have examined Helmet’s current form and his chances of winning the $3 million Cox Plate this weekend.
Horse Facts – Helmet
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Exceed And Excel out of Accessories
- Career: 9 6-0-3
- Prize Money: $1,503,550
- Current Cox Plate Odds: $3.40 at Luxbet
Why Helmet Can Win the 2011 Cox Plate
- He is in brilliant form, winning his last two starts
- Helmet has just 49.5 kilograms on his back, a figure which is six kilograms less than any other horse in the race
- He has never once finished outside the placings during his 9-start career
Why Helmet Can’t Win The 2011 Cox Plate
- Helmet has never attempted the 2,040 metre distance, with 1,600 metres being the furthest he has run in the past
- He has never run at Moonee Valley
- He has never run against older horses before
- He will jump from barrier 10
Make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Luxbet in time for this weekend’s 2011 Cox Plate at Moonee Valley.
Just enter the promo code BONUSBET when you join and you will receive a bonus bet worth 100% of your initial deposit when you bank between $25 and $500 for a limited time only into your new account.
So sign up to Luxbet now to claim your bonus bet right away!