Greg Eurell will saddle up his leading mare Pinker Pinker for this Saturday’s Cox Plate2011 at Moonee Valley.
The six-year-old mare has performed consistently at the top level throughout her 15-start career, however, the question remains whether she can hold her own against the boys.
While she has competed in open class in the past, her only wins have been against her own sex.
The speedy filly will be fighting against the odds in Saturday’s Cox Plate, including her unfavourable barrier draw of 11, so we have put together an analysis of her winning chances below.
Horse Facts – Pinker Pinker
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Greg Eurell
- Owners: M D Kirby Nominees
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Reset out of Miss Marion
- Career: 15-5-2-2
- Prize Money: $665,868
- Current Cox Plate Odds: $31 at Luxbet
Why Pinker Pinker Can Win the 2011 Cox Plate
- Pinker Pinker has finished second in her past two starts, the most recent being the Group 1 Epsom Handicap.
- She has placed at her only previous attempt at this track
- She will carry the second lightest weight of 55.5 kilograms
- Pinker Pinker will be ridden by in-form jockey Craig Williams, who won last weekend’s Caulfield Cup aboard Southern Speed.
Why Pinker Pinker Can’t Win The 2011 Cox Plate
- She is expected to jump from barrier 11, which is a long way from the trainer’s desire to draw 3-5
- She has never won or placed at this distance
- Pinker Pinker has never won a race in open class, only against fillies and mares
Open an account with quality online bookmaker Luxbet today in order to receive all of their great spring racing carnival offers!
Open an account today and you will receive a bonus bet worth up to $500 for a limited time only when you sign up now and enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET.
Once you are a member, be sure to enjoy the fantastic best tote exotic + 5% offer available this spring to all members.
So open an account and start betting today!