He’s got the gun draw, he’s got the gun racing pattern and by many people’s calculations Mighty High is the gun prospect to take out the 2011 Caulfield Cup when the Group 1 feature jumps at Caulfield Racecourse tomorrow afternoon.
As opposed to most of the internationals he’s a horse we’re already familiar with as he’s had two starts on Australian soil since arriving for the spring carnival.
The first was on September 24 when he raced in a shorter than ideal 1700m Handicap and what he showed there gave many a good indication.
After being posted wide without cover he looked gone on the turn but battle don gamely to still finish third at the death.
Given pre race trainer John Moore said he was still a way off being fit it was a good effort leading into the Caulfield Stakes.
That was last weekend over 2000m and once again he rallied on the turn but it wasn’t quite the same performance as he finished four lengths away in fourth.
Still though, now he’s fully fit and he’s also getting back to an ideal trip.
The barrier draw simply couldn’t have been kinder and his racing style should only be enhanced by Caulfield Racecourse.
A fully fit, international Group performer that looks like getting every favour in the race is hard to ignore and that’s been shown on the betting markets.
After opening at $13 with online bookmaker Luxbet that’s come in all the way $9.50 after touching $9.00 earlier in the day.
Horse Facts – Mighty High
- Jockey: Darren Beadman
- Trainer: John Moore
- Owners: A H C Hong
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Peintre Celebre out of Bernimixa
- Career: 20 6-4-4
- Prize Money: $1,557,725
- Current Caulfield Cup Odds: $9.50 at Luxbet
Why Mighty High Can Win the 2011 Caulfield Cup
- He’s won over the trip and won in good company in good races.
- His forward running style should be suited by Caulfield as opposed to some of the other internationals.
- Barrier draw is perfect, conditions are perfect, he’ll get every favour in the run.
- Third up in Australia, he’s fit and ready to fire.
- Look at that prize money, this is a serious horse.
Why Drunken Sailor Can’t Win The 2011 Caulfield Cup
- Backing up only a week after a tough run in the Caulfield Stakes.
- Runs have been promising but the fact is he’s still been beaten comfortably.
- Arguably the best field he’s faced since getting here.
He’s been one of the best backed runners over the last 24 hours and you can see why with all the favours he looks to be getting.
That being said in such an even looking Caulfield Cup field you’ll still get plenty of value on Mighty High with Luxbet where he sits just under double figures at $9.50.
If you would like to secure these great Caulfield Cup dividends, make sure you open an account with Luxbet today.
Enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET when you join and for a limited time only you could receive a bonus bet worth up to $500!
Also, once you are a Luxbet member, you can enjoy their fantastic best tote exotic +5% offer which gives you the best of the three tote prices plus an addition 5% bonus on all exotics placed this spring racing carnival 2011 on a race meet that included a Group 1 race.
So sign up with Luxbet to receive these great offers for yourself!